Can't like or unlike songs, liked songs olaylist is gone

Solved!

Can't like or unlike songs, liked songs olaylist is gone

Plan

Premium

Device

Galaxy S9+

My Question or Issue

I recently got premium again and my liked songs playlist is gone. I also can't like any songs, the heart button just stays grey and I cant unlike songs. I never used to have this issue before.

I've tried logging out everywhere, clearing cache, uninstalling, restarting my phone, reinstalling but nothing is working.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hannahr141,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

If that doesn't fix things could you let us know if you're able to see the Liked Songs playlist on another device or in the web player? We'd appreciate it if you send us a screenshot of what you see at your end so we can take a closer look. You can attach them to your post via the Post Editor. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @hannahr141,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

If that doesn't fix things could you let us know if you're able to see the Liked Songs playlist on another device or in the web player? We'd appreciate it if you send us a screenshot of what you see at your end so we can take a closer look. You can attach them to your post via the Post Editor. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you this worked, I think deleting the com.spotify.music file did the trick.

Thank you so much for your help!

Suggested posts