Can't load downloaded podcasts offline

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 5

My Question or Issue

I'm unable to find or listen to downloaded podcasts without an active internet or data connection. When offline, the pages for the downloaded podcasts get stuck in a loading screen loop, and the same happens with the Your Episodes playlist where downloaded episodes are stored. I click on any of these playlists to find a downloaded episode, and see a spinning wheel followed by an offline message.

I've tried clearing my cache, uninstalling etc. But this has been a constant issue for me for at least 3 months. Fortunately, I normally have data access. But when in transit below ground or on a plane etc, I suddenly notice that the ONLY places I can find downloaded podcasts are completely inaccessible.

Needless to say, this makes downloading episodes completely useless. What do i do?

3 Replies

Hi there @mada34,

thanks for reaching out !

Have you tried the following action on a different device ?

Thanks 🙂

Hi there!

I don't use Spotify on any other device, actually. So I have no way to know.

This has been a massive problem on a recent trip I went on. Without data or wifi, and with both celular data and wifi switched off on the device to prevent any issues, I was unable to load the page to any downloaded podcasts. Even the ones that showed up as "downloaded" in the home screen would not respond when I selected them and hit play.

I've tried clearing caches, removing downloads, uninstalling, etc.

See attached image for an idea.

Screenshot_20211114-064925.png
Screenshot_20211115-074218.png

Hey hey @mada34!

Thanks for getting back to us and for your screenshots

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in to re-sync your account and the device? It's also a good idea to try turning on offline mode from the Settings to see if that helps.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know your Spotify version and if you have the option to ask a friend or a family member to log in on your phone to test out if podcast load as they should for them.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts