Can't play certain songs

Can't play certain songs

Plan:Premium

Device

S10+, 2017 Dell

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't play certain songs like crazy train by Ozzy Osbourne and barracuda by heart.  I have already pressed show songs that are unplayable.  I think it is a problem with my account.

4 Replies

Hey there @Ghost18

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you can't play some tracks after activating the setting showing you unplayable content you can check if they're grayed out meaning they're unavailable to play. Spotify works hard to constantly add music to its content database. We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. Alternatively, you can always contact the artist or record label with your query as well. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hello Ivan, 

Thank you for responding to my concerns.  I have friends and family who created their lists with these songs at the same time i did. They are able to play the songs I would like even when we are right next to me.  I hope we can figure this out so i can enjoy my Spotify list as I set it up. Thank you again for your help.

Hey @Ghost18

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In case friends and family around you can play the same tracks successfully it's possible that you need to get your Spotify app updated to the latest version. The best way to do this is by performing a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app on the device in use. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

If you still can't play the tracks after running the clean reinstall, would you mind sending us a screenshot showing how they look on your side? Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.  

We'll look out for your reply. 

Hello again, it is no longer grayed out, but I still can't play the songs, I have attached a screen shot  of one of the song and what it says now.  Thanks for the help.

Screenshot_20200629-102503_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts