Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play directly from artist

Can't play directly from artist

Subscription: Premium
System: Windows 10

Hi, I have an issue where I can't play songs directly when selecting an artist or podcast. Playlists work fine. Let's say I want to listen to Guns 'n' Roses. When I go to their page or hit play from my main menu, it simply does nothing. I get no error message or music.

I have tried restarting my system, login out and in, and a complete reinstallation of Spotify. I tried to reinstall both versions (directly from the site and through Microsoft Store), but to no avail. What else is there to try?

3 Replies

Hey @Orald,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Could you also try a different account to see if you can replicate the issue with it? It's also worth checking with a different internet connection, e.g. a hot spot from your phone, and turning of the VPN, if you're using one.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

These suggestions didn't help, unfortunately.

Hi there @Orald,

I think I know what you're referring to: a similar issue was reported and investigated in this thread, but our tech folks weren't able to confirm that this behavior was directly caused by Spotify. You'll find a few solutions that worked for some users listed in the Status update, as well as in the comments, so I'd recommend trying all of them out as they may help in your case.

If you have any feedback on this, feel free to share it in the aforementioned Ongoing Issues thread. I'll now be closing this one as to keep the information in one place.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts