NEXT STEP

Can't play playlist folders on Sonos speaker

Can't play playlist folders on Sonos speaker

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Dell Latitude 7490 (also tried on iPhone 7, Web player)

Operating System

Windows 10 v21H1 (and iOS 14)

My Question or Issue

I am unable to play playlist folders on my Sonos speaker from the desktop client (version 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e).
When I open a playlist folder and press the 'play' button, I get the message 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it'.

2 Replies

Hi @Spyder_,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Keep in mind that playlist folders are not supported in the current Spotify architecture that Sonos is using. However, you can still play them separately.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been frustrated by the inability to use my Spotify playlist folders in Sonos.

Alex's reply here states that playlist folders are not supported in the current Spotify architecture that Sonos is using - which implies that this is something within Sonos' power to change.

But following this up on the Sonos forums, Sonos says this is down to Spotify as Spotify determines how Spotify works in Sonos.

As a user of Spotify and Sonos I'm left feeling like "piggy in the middle".

If it is down to Spotify to determine whether or not Folders work in Sonos, then I'd like to make a strong request for that facility to be implemented.

Folders are a very useful feature for Spotify users who like to organise things with something more useful than a never-ending alphabetical list of playlists or albums.

I get the distinct impression that Spotify doesn't really care about the usefulness of folders. (I've supported the request for there to be a facility to attach artwork of your choice to a folder, rather than the blank that you get at the moment, but years later there is no progress on this.)

Suggested posts