Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell Precision

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't play any songs from an artist's profile or from any albums, singles, or EPs, unless the song is in one of my playlists. When I click to play any song, the player appears to switch to the pause button as if something is playing, but everything is grayed out:

willo2_0-1663550836944.png

I've deleted and reinstalled Spotify, I've done a clean reinstall, I've logged out and logged back in repeatedly, and none have worked. This is only an issue for my desktop app, I'm able to play songs normally on both mobile and on the web player.

After looking up the issue on this forum, this seems to have happened a few times before but it's never really been solved so I'm not sure what to do.

1 Reply

Hey @willo2,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome 🙂

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Is this happening on another computer? You can ask for the computer of a relative or a friend to open your account in the desktop app and check.

On another note, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? You can create, if possible, a hotspot from your phone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, is this happening when you search for a specific artist or does it happen no matter what artist profile you searched for? It'd be awesome if you could send us a full-screen snip so we can visualize this better.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts