Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't remove grayed out songs from 'Liked songs' playlist.

Solved!

Can't remove grayed out songs from 'Liked songs' playlist.

Some songs that seems that was removed from Spotify aren't liked, but still in my Liked Songs playlist and I can't remove them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just a correction: Not iOS specific, Windows specific.
I tried to logging out and back in, not worked.
The 'Three dots' button doesn't show on 'Liked songs', only in common playlists.

But it seems something has worked:
Select them and press DELETE works, but context menu option (that should do the same) don't 🤡.
I feel ashamed for not trying it before. But finally i'm free from these grayed out songs.

Thanks @Prague for your help 😅.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey Erick, so if you have songs in your Liked Songs playlist that have been removed from Spotify, you may not be able to play them, but they will still be listed in your playlist. Unfortunately, if a song has been removed from Spotify's catalog, it cannot be played or added to new playlists, but it may remain in old playlists.

To remove these songs from your Liked Songs playlist, you can try the following steps:

1. Open the Spotify app and go to your Liked Songs playlist.

2. Find the song that you want to remove and swipe left on it (if you're using the mobile app) or right-click on it (if you're using the desktop app).

3. If the song is still listed in your Liked Songs playlist, you should see an option to remove it. Click on this option and the song should be removed from your playlist.

If the above steps do not work, you can try the following:

1. Go to your account settings on the Spotify website.

2. Under the "Account" tab, find the option for "Remove all songs" and click on it.

3. This should remove all songs from your Liked Songs playlist, including any that are no longer available on Spotify.

Note that if you have a lot of songs in your Liked Songs playlist, this may not be the best option as it will remove all songs from your playlist and you'll need to add them back manually.

Highest regards,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I found out that this bug don't happen in Android or Web Player, as these grayed songs don't show there.
It is happening on Windows.

erickriva_0-1677981609180.png

This image shows exactly what is happening. No 'remove from liked songs' exists, because song isn't there.

So, I tried something...
Selected all songs and created a playlist with them.

erickriva_1-1677981805237.png

A button 'remove from liked songs' showed (dont mind, my spotify is in portuguese), but clicking it shows me a message error in the bottom of the screen with a text like "Something went wrong".

erickriva_2-1677981884812.png

Sadly, I don't know no other 'hacks' to try for now.

About 'Remove all songs', I didn't find this option anywhere. Maybe if it shows to me, I can try delete all songs from 'liked songs' and then get that playlist I created and like all of them at once. But this option isn't there 🥲.

I'm sorry to hear that the previous workaround did not work for you. Since the issue seems to be specific to the iOS app, one possible solution is to try logging out of your account and logging back in. This may refresh the app and resolve any glitches causing the grayed-out songs to appear in your Liked Songs playlist.

Regarding the "Remove all songs" option, it should be located at the top of your Liked Songs playlist page. You can tap on the three dots (ellipsis) icon in the upper right corner of the playlist and look for the option to "Select all" or "Remove all songs." If this option is not appearing, you can try updating the Spotify app to the latest version or reinstalling the app altogether to see if it resolves the issue.

The plot thickens,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Just a correction: Not iOS specific, Windows specific.
I tried to logging out and back in, not worked.
The 'Three dots' button doesn't show on 'Liked songs', only in common playlists.

But it seems something has worked:
Select them and press DELETE works, but context menu option (that should do the same) don't 🤡.
I feel ashamed for not trying it before. But finally i'm free from these grayed out songs.

Thanks @Prague for your help 😅.

Anytime, Glad you're free from the pesky grey songs 🙂

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star

Suggested posts