Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't remove songs from library

Can't remove songs from library

On both my phone (google pixle) and desktop Windows version of spotify (family version), no matter how many different ways I try to remove a song or album from my library, it just stays there! I literally right-click on a song and click "remove from library" and it's still there! 

2 Replies

I have the same problem!  It is so annoying!  I have removed songs from the queue several times and they keep coming back.  These are my playlists and I did not add those songs to my playlist.  There is no option to even make dislike only like.  There is no option to delete it from the playlist only remove it from the queue.  I hate listening to relaxing music and then all of a sudden a loud obnoxious rap song comes on and freaks me out!  Someone please help us figure this out! 

I do not mind the recommended songs because they give me suggestions to add to my playlist but where the heck are these others one being randomly added and I can't get rid of them!  And yes I do have over 15 songs in the playlists already.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device. If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if your able to remove songs when using our web player? A recording of the issue would also help us a lot in getting to the bottom of this quicker. 

@jojo7085 in addition to that, since you mention that you didn't add the songs yourself it's a good idea to go ahead and secure your account using the instructions in this Support Page.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts