Premium

Country

Canada

Device

IPhone 12

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I'm trying to listen to all music under an artist. I have liked most of their songs, however, under the artist tab, I have duplicates I cannot at all remove. I've tried liking and unliking, reinstalling, logging out and back in, using third party sites meant to remove duplicates, regardless this persists on all IOS, Desktop app and Webplayer. I can't get rid of these duplicates.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've fixed it. Because of how the way Spotify has been set up, unliking every song on an album still keeps the album liked, so they were staying in there still when they shouldn't have. I unliked the albums and it's all good now.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @SageAcris,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Can you let us know what happens when you unlike the duplicate songs you want to remove? Do they get 'liked' again? A screenshot or screen recording of how these songs look like on your end would come in handy to have a better understanding of what's going on.

We'll keep an eye out for you reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

They aren't liked, I've attempted to like them and unlike them, unfollow the artist and refollow, reinstall the apps, log out and back in, they won't go away despite not even being liked.

Spotify Help.PNG
Spotify Help 2.png

Hey @SageAcris,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the screenshots.

We notice the album name is spelled a bit differently with the duplicates. In some cases this can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version. We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs.

Can you check if you're able to unlike the songs from both album versions? You should be able to unlike the "old" version of the track and replace it with the new one.

Keep us posted how things work out. We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i didn’t catch the album name differences haha! unfortunately i can’t get rid of either version, both stay and won’t remove.

Hey @SageAcris,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Does this happen only with titles from that album? Could you share the Spotify URI of a couple of duplicates?

On another note- have you tried unliking the song in our web player? If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend you try logging out from everywhere, this will automatically log your account off from all devices. After that when you log back in, this will force a account wide resync of your data. Give in another go afterwards.

We'd also like to investigate one more aspect - could you share the approximate number of Liked Songs?

Keep us posted. We'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

I've fixed it. Because of how the way Spotify has been set up, unliking every song on an album still keeps the album liked, so they were staying in there still when they shouldn't have. I unliked the albums and it's all good now.

Suggested posts