Country

Poland

Device

(Any)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine has 100 public playlists.
Each one has its own number and name identical to the previous one, example pattern:
100 Playlist title
99 Playlist title
etc.

Why is it that when I enter "Playlist title" in the search field in the playlist section of the window, I only see the last one "100 Playlist title". Why not all of them?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Draxa,

Welcome to the Community.

Spotify contains millions of playlists with more created every day, many of which have the same title. The search option prioritizes more popular playlists in order to produce any search result at all. 

We don't have any official information if the algorithm will be altered in the near future. The best way to share playlists between friends is to send each other links to those playlists and follow them. The more likes and monthly listens a playlist has, the more likely it will appear in search results.

Hope this info helps. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I think I've found the answer to my problem. Will this popularity algorithm be changed?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Why-can-t-people-find-my-playlist/td-p/... 

Marked as solution

Hi @Draxa,

Welcome to the Community.

Spotify contains millions of playlists with more created every day, many of which have the same title. The search option prioritizes more popular playlists in order to produce any search result at all. 

We don't have any official information if the algorithm will be altered in the near future. The best way to share playlists between friends is to send each other links to those playlists and follow them. The more likes and monthly listens a playlist has, the more likely it will appear in search results.

Hope this info helps. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts