Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see public playlists on my profile (they are not secret)

Solved!

Can't see public playlists on my profile (they are not secret)

I made a bunch of public playlists on my profile that cannot be seen. When I click on my own account, it shows this: 

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 11.47.39 AM.png
As you can see, there is no "public playlists" tab. This tab is visible to me for other friends with public playlists. I tried viewing my account from a friend's account, and the public playlists are not visible either.

Not sure if this is relevant but I'm on a mac, and have spotify premium.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @victorzyin

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To make sure your playlists are set to public:

1. Open your desktop app.
  2. Right-click the playlist or click the three dots.
  3. Select Make Public to show it on your profile. 

For more details on privacy, you can check this Support article

If the playlists are still not displayed on your profile, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. 
Just find your device and follow the steps provided in this article.

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @victorzyin

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To make sure your playlists are set to public:

1. Open your desktop app.
  2. Right-click the playlist or click the three dots.
  3. Select Make Public to show it on your profile. 

For more details on privacy, you can check this Support article

If the playlists are still not displayed on your profile, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. 
Just find your device and follow the steps provided in this article.

I hope it helps!

@Emilia_8

They are not secret playlists, and a clean reinstall did not do anything unfortunately.

Edit: nevermind the reinstall worked, thanks @Emilia_8! 

Hi @victorzyin

No problem!

I'm glad everything worked out for you. 

Thanks for accepting my answer as solution. 

Have a nice day 🙂

The issue still persists even after clean re-installing the app on both the desktop and iPhone and also following the three steps mentioned above, any further help would be appreciated, thanks...  

Hey @nadzz_18,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you share a link to a playlist you're having this issue with? Does this happen with the playlists of a different account on your devices as well?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Since I have tons of playlists I would like to list and bulk edit all playlists, that are public but not displayed in my profile. How can I do that?

Hey there @schlaqzeuqer,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

You can choose whether your playlists appear or not on your profile. You just need to follow these specific steps. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same problem. I did a clean reinstall and my public playlists still don't show. The first 6 public playlists I made for my friends to see show, but the ones I've made after that don't and I have checked to make sure that they are, in fact, public. I'm still having an issue with them not showing. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

For anyone still having issues with their playlist not showing up on their profile, can you please send over some screenshots and links to the playlists so we can investigate further?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

RE:

why no one mentioning that the most frustrating thing is you can not add songs to a playlist that not being seen. The playlist Thats not recognized I can always find its there . But i can not add any new song to it

Why has no one mention this

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3c4K5J3Izq5ei9WccIrWGB?si=1d40e48246c64ef3

Hey @nightcleaner,

Thanks for reaching out.

Is it possible you've deleted this playlist? If yes, can you please try to recover it using these steps?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

I have not deleted it. If i had. How could i take a screen shot of it yesterday i can use it i can find it. But i can not add anything to it. 

Hey @nightcleaner,

Thanks for your reply.

A deleted playlist would still be available to you if you have the link to it, so we'd suggest checking for it in the Recover playlists section on your account page and making sure it's not deleted.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator

i have tried reinstalling the app and my playlist still aren't showing on my profile, i have made sure they're public though, what can i do? 

Your not being very helpful Sorry. You seem at least to be repeating what we all ready know and tried. We are looking for solutions  this is not helpful Sorry. 

What is causing the problem I have

Do you know? What does one do?

Its not helpful repeating what has already been said

it must be much easier to say "I Do not know"

Hey folks,

@user-removed, can you please make sure that you've selected Add to profile in the playlist options?

@nightcleaner, we have forwarded your report to the relevant team, however we can't confirm when or if it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

i did! it's still now showing on my page 😞

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us!

It's worth mentioning that we used to have an issue issue with what you seem to be experiencing with your public playlists. Our teams were looking into this and this should be fixed now. What you can do is check if there is a pending update to the Spotify app and make sure you're running the latest version.

Another thing you can also try is try logging out from the app (Settings > Log out) > restart your device > log back in to see if you'll be able to see the playlists on your profile.

In case you're not, please provide couple of screenshots as this will also be helpful to identify what's causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

Hi, I have re-installed the app and cleared my cache, and yet a playlist that I have recovered still is not displaying on my profile. I accidentally deleted it, and when I recovered it, made it public, and set it to appear on my profile, it never showed up. Others with the link can still see it, but it is not available to see on my profile which is what I need. 

Can you please help me get this Playlist to display on my profile?

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5BCTZM3CGggbHv6nXg3I7R

Suggested posts