Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't turn off "Collaborative" on my playlist.

Solved!

Can't turn off "Collaborative" on my playlist.

The two devices I use Spotify on are a Desktop Mac and an iPad, I can't turn off "Collaborative" on both devices. It doesn't show any options to turn off "Collaborative when I right-click and when I click on "Edit Details" there are no options. I included photos to show what I see. And is it permanent? 'cause I have so many songs there. 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @KadeBlue,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Just to confirm, was it you that started this playlist and then made it collaborative?

Can you enter the playlist > clock on the three dots right next to this icon . You should then be able to unmark the playlist.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you send us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look of what's going on directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @KadeBlue,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Just to confirm, was it you that started this playlist and then made it collaborative?

Can you enter the playlist > clock on the three dots right next to this icon . You should then be able to unmark the playlist.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you send us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look of what's going on directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, I'm the person who made it collaborative. I don't really have software to screen record. So the best I can do are screenshots. Another thing is, that icon isn't there on my desktop iMac but it is on my iPad. I can send a screen recording of my iPad but only screenshots for the iMac.

It does show this icon though.Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 10.47.44 AM.png

I'll attach them and thank you for your help so far.

OHHHH. While making the screen recording I found where I could make it non-collaborative.

I wonder why there is aren't many options as there are on the mobile/tablet app. I feel like having those options on all devices would make it so much easier. Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but when I did it originally, whenever I pressed "More" it would just immediately exit the app. 

(Tl:dr) Can't turn off "Collaborative" on the website. But it works on the iPad.

Hey @KadeBlue,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear you found how to unmark a playlist as collaborative. Could you confirm that the app functions correctly when you tap the three dots menu/"More" ?

Also, if you share what options you're missing between devices, we'd happily help you out with those 🙂

Keep us posted. We're looking forward to your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry to be a bother, but I just found it stange some options weren't on
the website such as: The "turn off collaborative" option on the website,
"add songs" which I think gives recommendations for the playlist and the
"filter option". But this would go under the idea forum.

Hi @KadeBlue

Thanks for getting back to us. 

At the moment, it's expected that these options are not available in the web player. However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If this is something you'd like to see in the future, feel free to have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

We'll be right here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Can you please explain how to do the same in the Android and Windows apps? I am not able to unmark my playlists, except making them private.

Suggested posts