Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't unlike old local songs

Solved!

Can't unlike old local songs

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 8 and laptop

Operating System

iOS 13 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

At the time the new Your Library UI came out, I had several songs in a playlist that I had added to a playlist and uploaded to my phone from my local files. They were added automatically to the new Liked Songs playlist.

Now I can't remove these songs from my Liked Songs.

• If I click on the heart icon, nothing happens.
  • If I right-click on a song, I see no option to remove it:Untitled.png
  • I have the same problem with all local songs, no matter whether they are currently available or greyed out.
  • The behavior is the same on my phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Select a song and press Del. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Select a song and press Del. 

This worked, thanks 🙂 I also contacted the support who said they would report it.

The solution to 'Select a song and press Del. ' does not work on my PC and unliking on my Iphone also does not work.

Nothing happens if I press Del and if I highlight 2 songs, and select Del, it asks 'Do you really want to remove 2 songs from Your Library?' but selecting Yes also does nothing.

Is there are way to get rid of these songs?

Same thing for me, pressing delete doesn't help.
It worked just fine yesterday.
Spotify, the unconsistencies in the way your platform works is madness.
I have made a full back up of my library when i almost lost it with your previous problem and am ready to go elsewhere.
Come on spotify.... just fix this or i won't have a choice...
All it takes is a little push towards mor instability, and i will stop my subscription after years of premium account.

There's a complicated and un-official solution.

Go on Spotify Desktop -> Liked Songs

Select all the grayed out songs that are the local ones you're trying to delete, and not the online unavaible ones. Holding <ctrl> or <crtl> + <shift> will help. After selecting all the local songs you're trying to delete, right click and select Add to Playlist > New Playlist.

Now go to spotify mobile client and go to that playlist you just created. From the options of each music you'll see that from here you can unlike the local musics. It worked for me, maybe it can work for you.

Hey everyone!

This is an issue which we are aware of. We suggest you head over to this thread, where you can add your +VOTE to show that you are experiencing the issue.

Make sure to leave the requested info in the comments section in the thread as well. We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks - We'll be keeping an eye out for your comments!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You absolute genius. I technically had to re-like them on mobile to make the liked songs sync between desktop and mobile first, as my local songs were stuck in my likes on desktop but not present on mobile. My process went as follows. add unavailable songs to playlist on desktop > close desktop > open playlist on mobile > re-like songs > open desktop to see songs repopulate at top of likes > close desktop > unlike songs on mobile > delete playlist > open desktop to verify the songs were unliked and properly deleted.

Hi there @heysimone,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

It's really nice to see that everything works as it should for you and it's also very nice of you to share your solution with the rest of the Community.

Have a great continued weekend.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts