Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you transfer playlist ownership from one account to another?

Can you transfer playlist ownership from one account to another?

My sister and I shared an account because only she had a premium account for herself and she can finally get the duo subscription so that we can have our playlists seperate. Is there any way to transfer the ownership of the playlists so that i can add and remove songs from the playlist while allowing her to delete the playlists from her account?
1 Reply

Hello there  and thanks for reaching out.

At the moment,  it  is not possible to transfer ownership of playlists between accounts.

However, there are some steps you can use to hold on to the contents of the playlist.

• Set the playlists to public(so that you can access them on your new account)
  • Create new playlists on the new account with the same names and cover images(optional)
  • Then copy the old playlists into the new ones using the "Add to other playlist" button that pops up from the 3 small dots inside the playlist. (will likely require a mobile device)

You're basically done after that. If you like, you could invite your sister to collaborate so that even she can still have access after deleting the older ones.

Hope this was helpful, take care 🎧🖤

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts