Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot delete a playlist

Cannot delete a playlist

Hi,

I have a Spotify issue and hope to get some help.  I have a playlist that is reading in the playlist listing as "Loading."   This is happening on Windows desktop app, Android app, and Kindle Fire app.  I have tried to delete it, to unfollow it, but I can't remove it.  I am guessing my playlist listings may be corrupted and I may need some help from Spotify.  I'm attaching a picture of this playlist title, which occurs mid-way down my list of playlists.

Thanks for any help!

Capture.JPG
2 Replies

on the desktop version there is three dots, click on that and then "delete" should come up.

Hey @retrogirl,

It seems you may be having some syncing/network issue or simply just some minor bug that may be fixed by logging out and signing back in from all devices if you haven't done so yet. If you have already signout and signed in and the problem still exists, please continue to read.

NOTE: You can only delete a playlist you created. The following steps applies to Windows desktop app only.

How to unfollow or remove playlist created by others

If you're trying to remove or unfollow a playlist created by someone else, please follow these steps:

1. On the left sidebar, under PLAYLISTS, right click on the name of the playlist you want to unfollow or remove and select "Remove from Your Library" from the menu options to unfollow or remove the playlist from your library.
  2. If you are unable to get the right click menu to pop up or the playlist is unclickable or disabled/grey-out, type the name of the playlist (if you know it) in the search box on the top of the main window of the app. You may need to look under the playlist section of the search result or click the "SEE ALL" text-button under the playlist section to find the playlist you want. Select the name of the playlist from the search result.
  3. Under the playlist name and description (If the playlist have a description), look for the "heart" and "three dots" icons/buttons by the right of the play/shuffle button. If the the "heart" icon is shaded white, it means you are following the playlist. You may unfollow or remove the playlist from your library in one of two ways:
    1. Click the "heart" icon once to unfollow or remove the playlist from your library, or
    2. Click the "three-dots" icon, and select "Remove from Your Library" from the menu options to unfollow or remove the playlist from your library.

How to delete your own playlist you created

If you're trying to delete a playlist created by you, please follow these steps:

1. On the left sidebar, under PLAYLISTS, right click on the name of the playlist you want to delete and select "Delete" from the menu options to delete or remove the playlist from your library.
  2. If you are unable to get the right click menu to pop up or the playlist is unclickable or disabled/grey-out, type the name of the playlist (if you know it) in the search box on the top of the main window of the app. You may need to look under the playlist section of the search result or click the "SEE ALL" text-button under the playlist section to find the playlist you want. Select the name of the playlist from the search result.
  3. Under the playlist name and description (If the playlist have a description), look for the "three dots" icon/button by the right of the play/shuffle button.
  4. Click the "three-dots" icon, and select "Delete" from the menu options to delete or remove the playlist from your library.

Suggested posts