Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[ANDROID] Can't Like a song

Solved!

[ANDROID] Can't Like a song

Hi everyone!!!

Since the last update on beta version 8.7.38.132 on my Oppo X2 Find NEO (Android 11// COLOR OS 12.1), i can't like any songs !

I will explain you :

I listen a song (by searching or by listen an playlist) and my like button is grey. Like button is visible but unable to like a song. However, i try to like with song menu, but isn't possible because the topic : "add the my library" (i'm not sure of the translation) is'nt show !

Did u have the same trouble? What can i do ? (i can like song on my computer)

Thanks by advance,

Alexia,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Screenshot_2022-06-03-14-41-23-04_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

As @gusinlixo showed above, the like button is grey and if you click on it, it does nothing, As if it's blocked.

I've tried to change battery settings, permission settings, clear cache and data, delete the spotify's data folder in file manager, reinstall the app... Everything as mentioned in the clean reinstall guide.

Forgot to mention in the main post-

I am using the beta version of the app, currently ver. 8.7.38.436 which is the latest one right now. 

And it seems like I can like songs on my laptop. So the problem may be on android only, I guess?

Edit: Ok so after a quick reset to my phone it seems like its working. I'll assume that the devs released a fix in this version. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Ecuador

Device

Redmi Note 8 Pro

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

No puedo dar "me gusta" a las canciones. Ayer, mientras reproducía una canción, noté que el botón de "me gusta" aparecía en un tono gris oscuro, apagado, como si estuviera desactivado, no le tomé demasiada importancia ya que creí que era algún tipo de configuración del artista que estaba escuchando en ese momento, ya que lo acababa de descubrir; sin embargo, pronto me di cuenta que no me permitía darle me gusta a ninguna canción, sin importar el artista, incluso le quité el me gusta a canciones que ya lo tenían, y al querer darle al botón nuevamente, para marcarlo como "me gusta" no me dejaba. Busqué entre sus respuestas a problemas similares en esta página, hice limpieza de los datos de la app siguiendo sus guías, la desinstalé, reinicié mi celular y volví a instalar la app varias veces, cerré sesión en todos los dispositivos, nada funcionó. No he probado si el botón funciona en otras plataformas como PC o iOS, pero tengo otra tablet con android 11 a la que le instalé la app, dió el mismo problema, el botón de "me gusta" no funciona. Llevó usando Spotify hace mucho tiempo, más de un año, nunca tuve este problema antes. 

Screenshot_20220529-220204_Spotify.png
Screenshot_20220529-220215_Spotify.png

A mi me sucede lo mismo en mi teléfono. Vamos Spotify arreglen el bug que para cobrar el plan premium si que correis.

A mi tampoco me funciona en mi poco x3 pro

A ver he estado hablando con el soporte de Spotify por el mismo problema y después de haber estado probando varias opciones ninguna a funcionado, y me han dicho que se van a poner a mirarlo individualmente para actualizar la aplicación, y que en un actualización se debería solucionar 

Olá! Estou com o mesmo problema há vários dias. Não consigo solucionar. 😩

Plan

Premium (Student)

Country

Israel

Device

Oneplus 8 Pro & Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+

Operating System

Android 12 (both devices)

My Issue

The like button is disabled on both devices (it looks like the button is in grey color, as the feature is disabled within the account). I have tried to clean reinstall as described in the community guide, still do nothing.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're super sorry to hear that you're not able to like songs as you should be able to. Let's take a closer look into this. We hope that you don't mind us replying in English.

@naeri - can you start with having someone else log in on one of your devices that it doesn't work on - such as a friend or a family member as this will help us understand if it's account related.

@dmdn and @Aritzmonje - can you remove any potential corrupt cache files by following the steps that's provided here? If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices? If it occurs on multiple devices it would be great if you also can have someone log in with their account on your device/devices to see if it makes any difference.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there folks,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. We're sorry that you're not able to like songs as you should be able to. Let's check this out together.

To start with, can you make sure there's no old cache files causing this by following the steps here

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hey @homoloser_,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This is indeed an interesting issue and we'd like to know more about it. Could you first post a screenshot of how the button looks on your end?

Also try replicating the issue with a different account on your devices. Does the same happen if you use the desktop app or the web player or are connected to a different network?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hola Jeremy, después de unas horas, la aplicación me pidió actualizar, y desde que actualice ahora todo funciona correctamente, gracias por el soporte.

Same here

Tried the clean reinstall, deleted my SD card data, almost everything i saw in the community guide

Xiaomi redmi 7

Spotify version: 8.7.36.899

IMG-20220602-WA0025.jpg
IMG-20220602-WA0026.jpg

a friend logged in my account on his device, and turns out it was working fine

his version is 8.7.34.1317

Hi @gusinlixo,

Thank you for the troubleshooting you've done so far. Let's continue to take a closer look into this.

As a next step we can recommend that you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

Just to double-check, can you have your friend log in with his account on your device so see if he'll get the same behavior?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator

Hey everyone!

@Aritzmonje, thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear all is well!

Is this fixed for everybody else after the update :?
Please check & let us know. We'll be monitoring the thread 🙂
Cheers!

@dmdn 
@naeri

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Screenshot_2022-06-03-14-41-23-04_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

As @gusinlixo showed above, the like button is grey and if you click on it, it does nothing, As if it's blocked.

I've tried to change battery settings, permission settings, clear cache and data, delete the spotify's data folder in file manager, reinstall the app... Everything as mentioned in the clean reinstall guide.

Forgot to mention in the main post-

I am using the beta version of the app, currently ver. 8.7.38.436 which is the latest one right now. 

And it seems like I can like songs on my laptop. So the problem may be on android only, I guess?

Edit: Ok so after a quick reset to my phone it seems like its working. I'll assume that the devs released a fix in this version. Thanks for the help!

Hi again @homoloser_,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

We're super glad to see that it works as it should for you again 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one post away. Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hola, a mi también me pasa igual que no puedo dar "me gusta" a las canciones y aún así borrando y desinstalando la app no funciona ni borrando cache (todos esos procesos que siguerieron no me funciona) que hago , ya estoy súper frustrada ante esta situación, y tengo un Android ,no se si sea por mi teléfono o algo más , necesito una ayuda urgente .

• P.D: tampoco me deja quitarle el corazón a las canciones 

Hey @Yeyekaren

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! Hope you don't mind a reply in English as it's the official language of the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if they can replicate this behavior with their account? 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

@Yeyekaren Hola, desde hace casi 1 semana me está pasando lo mismo, de que no le puede dar me gusta a nada (álbum, canción, lista de reproducción) y tampoco puedo quitarles el corazón a las que ya tenía en la biblioteca. Además no me deja descargar algunas canciones, se las salta y descarga todo lo demás pero esas no.

Logré solucionarlo haciendo una "reinstalación limpia" como le llaman, muchas gracias comunidad 😀

Suggested posts