Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 12 and desktop

Operating System

iOS 14, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi guys, basically I added a song from my local files, and I, later on, deleted the file sitting on my desktop. I also removed it from my local files. My problem is, that I am not able to remove it from my liked songs, or from my playlists. I have tried turning 'show unplayable songs' on and off, and neither of them seems to fix my problem. Also, when I'm listening to music on my phone, the music stops playing and the music bar disappears as soon as I get to that specific song. 

Spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Laurenz123,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick - go to your Desktop app and select the Local Files in the Liked Songs section and use the Del key in your keyboard (if that key is missing like in the Mac use fn + Backspace too).

Let us know how everything goes so that we can keep on assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Laurenz123,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick - go to your Desktop app and select the Local Files in the Liked Songs section and use the Del key in your keyboard (if that key is missing like in the Mac use fn + Backspace too).

Let us know how everything goes so that we can keep on assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away 🙂

JeremyModerator

Thank you so much,**bleep** clean reinstall worked. 🙂

Hey again @Laurenz123,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

If anything comes up we're always happy to help.

Have a great Friday and weekend 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts