NEXT STEP

Cant open my playlist

Cant open my playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(iPhone 8, Asus Laptop, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, MacOS, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

A few days ago I tried clicking my playlist but it got stuck on the loading screen

and i couldn't interact with it in any way. All my other playlists work perfectly fine but its just that one playlist that wont work. i tried opening the playlist on multiple devices and even from spotify web player and it still doesn't work but instead shows a screen that says "Couldn't find that playlist". the playlist its still in my playlist tabs and still has all the songs downloaded but i just cant get it to load. 

3 Replies

Hey there @rzufo

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

In case you can't interact with your playlist in any way and this happens across multiple devices you might need to get the latest version of the Spotify app on each device. You can do this by performing a clean (more thorough) reinstall that allows you to start afresh with the app on any device. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall depending on the device in use. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

If the clean reinstall doesn't help you open the playlist in question, try logging in with a different Spotify account on your device to check if this might be an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted.  

Both of these didn't work and i ended up deleting the playlist and recovering an old version of it but lost a lot of songs and i'm slowly trying to add all the songs back. thanks for the help though.

Hey @rzufo

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We’re happy to hear you managed to get your playlist back thanks to the workaround you describe.  

We hope you'll be able to recover the missing part of your playlist with manually adding the rest of the songs as well. 

Stay safe! 

Suggested posts