Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

GalaxyS8+, pc and webplayer

Operating System

android and windows 10

My Question or Issue

If I try to play starboy by the weeknd it doesn't play anything. I check to see if i had explicit content turned on so that wasn't the issue. I checked it in the original album and there it didn't work aswell. I went to my pc to check and it didn't work on my desktop app and on the webplayer. 

On mobile if I click the options for the song in my playlist it does say "allow play" but when I click on it nothing happens. I don't have this on pc or webplayer.

I already reinstalled spotify and cleared my cache and that didn't solve the issue. Im kindoff lost right now I think i tried everything I can.

1 Reply

Hi there @Sanderp99,

thanks for posting !

Greyed out or unplayable tracks might happen due to legal rights of play chosen by the record labels or artists themselves.

A good indication would be to ask a friend or a sibling who's using Spotify (in the same country) to try and play this specific tracks.

If they're unable to play it as well it probably due to the first reason i mentioned.

However, please make sure to read more about missing content on this official information page.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts