Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change the order of songs in Playlist: will the users I share the playlist with see the same order?

Solved!

Change the order of songs in Playlist: will the users I share the playlist with see the same order?

Hello!

When i hear my playlist, i can change the order for Title/Artist/Album/Added date/Duration...

But when anyone access my playlist, by default, the playlist starts with the first added songs, and i wanna change this, when anyone access my playlist link, they see my latest added songs first.

Is there any way to do it?

0.png
1.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Feeney,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

When other users access your playlist, the songs in it will be sorted by default regardless of your customized sorting. This is because the sorting settings are local only and they don't sync across devices or between users. 

Anyway, since the sorting feature is local, other users can also sort the songs in your playlist for themselves according to their own preferences.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Feeney,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

When other users access your playlist, the songs in it will be sorted by default regardless of your customized sorting. This is because the sorting settings are local only and they don't sync across devices or between users. 

Anyway, since the sorting feature is local, other users can also sort the songs in your playlist for themselves according to their own preferences.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For me, it looks fine and shows the most recent but when i share the link, it shows the opposite - oldest song first. It’s really frustrating as I am a content creator. I have tried uninstalling the app on both iPhone and Mac, logging out and even Spotify support. I don’t know why the order won’t stay permanent across devices and across users. Please help

Suggested posts