Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Convert Liked songs to playlist?? Is it possible?

Solved!

Convert Liked songs to playlist?? Is it possible?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

(iPhone 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Is it possible to convert the "liked songs" to a playlist? Or to share the "liked songs" so other users may listen to them? 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @anamacedocunha,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community! 

Unfortunately, Liked Songs isn’t currently shareable, and can’t be made public on one’s Spotify profile. However, there is currently a Live Idea for making Liked Songs shareable, which you can feel free to add your +VOTE for if this is something you’re interested in. The more votes an Idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

In the meantime, one thing that you can do if you have the Spotify dekstop app (on a computer) is add all of your Liked Songs to a new playlist, from which you can then share the URI code or Playlist Link with friends, or make Public on your Spotify profile. To do this, you can try going to your Liked Songs on the desktop app, clicking on a song there, and then from the top-left of the screen, selecting “Edit” -> “Select All,” which should highlight all the tracks in your Liked Songs. Then, you can right-click on any of the tracks and select “Add to Playlist” -> “New Playlist.”

If “Edit” -> “Select All” only selects the first 100 tracks in your Liked Songs, as has been reported here, and you have more tracks in Liked Songs, then you can try the workaround method suggested here: select the top song in your Liked Songs, then scroll down 50-100 tracks, and [Shift + click] on a song to select these 50-100 tracks before right-clicking on them and adding them to the new playlist. Then you can repeat this process in increments of 50-100 songs until you’ve added all the tracks from your Liked Songs to your new playlist (Similarly, you can accomplish this in increments by clicking on a song, and then holding Shift and scrolling down 50-100 songs to select them). This process isn’t ideal and will take a while, but should work.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @anamacedocunha,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community! 

Unfortunately, Liked Songs isn’t currently shareable, and can’t be made public on one’s Spotify profile. However, there is currently a Live Idea for making Liked Songs shareable, which you can feel free to add your +VOTE for if this is something you’re interested in. The more votes an Idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

In the meantime, one thing that you can do if you have the Spotify dekstop app (on a computer) is add all of your Liked Songs to a new playlist, from which you can then share the URI code or Playlist Link with friends, or make Public on your Spotify profile. To do this, you can try going to your Liked Songs on the desktop app, clicking on a song there, and then from the top-left of the screen, selecting “Edit” -> “Select All,” which should highlight all the tracks in your Liked Songs. Then, you can right-click on any of the tracks and select “Add to Playlist” -> “New Playlist.”

If “Edit” -> “Select All” only selects the first 100 tracks in your Liked Songs, as has been reported here, and you have more tracks in Liked Songs, then you can try the workaround method suggested here: select the top song in your Liked Songs, then scroll down 50-100 tracks, and [Shift + click] on a song to select these 50-100 tracks before right-clicking on them and adding them to the new playlist. Then you can repeat this process in increments of 50-100 songs until you’ve added all the tracks from your Liked Songs to your new playlist (Similarly, you can accomplish this in increments by clicking on a song, and then holding Shift and scrolling down 50-100 songs to select them). This process isn’t ideal and will take a while, but should work.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Found a solution for windows. Download windows app. Create new playlist. Go to liked songs. Click on a song. Hold down shift and then use down or up arrow to select songs (worked for 500 songs, might work for more). Then drag those highlighted songs to new playlist. 

Cheers.

-NP

Works like a charm

Excellent suggestion! Did indeed work like a charm! Thanks!

Suggested posts