DATE ADDED IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY

Plan

Premium

Device

Asus Zenbook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The date added organizer is working like a Recently played, it keeps messing up the order of my playlist its really annoying, every song i listen gets categorized as if i just added it to my playlist when it has been in there for almost 3 years but when i listen to the song it resets and updates to said days date im so tired of every single update messing up either on my phone or laptop and its not like having premium fixes it its really annoying and what is the function for custom order when there is no option to customize anything.

1 Reply

Hi there @BytesG,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step to try is removing all lines from your hosts file. You can do that by following the steps bellow: 

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts