Country

France

Device

Huawei P30 Spotify v8.5.85.894

Operating System

Windows 10 Spotify v1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a

My Question or Issue

hi,

since the desktop update this week, i have big difficulties to add ans remove bands from my library.

On the desktop, if i suscribe to a band, it desappears at the next launch.

The only way to update the library is to add/remove the band on the phone app + "kill" the app on the phone, then the suscription is ok on the desktop software, i find the band in the library.

I use the desktop software on two computers, same problem.

I reinstall the software several times. 

9 Replies

Re: DESKTOP UPDATE, difficulties to update Library

Xenia

Hi @dm1971fr!

Welcome to the Community!

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps on all your devices. This one is more thorough than the usual one. We suggest that you make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store on your computers.  

On another note, would you mind giving it a try using another internet connection?

Let us know how it goes. We’ll be right here if you still need help 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

dm1971fr
Regular

hi,

thanks for your answer!

i tried clean desinstalls, i tried multiples installs from the website, from the microsoft store and infortunatly it's the same issue.

I tried on my work computer, my home computers laptop and desktop, on the internet at home and at work, same...

I tried on Windows 10, home and pro and on Windows 7, same...

I updated the software this morning, same...

It's really annoying, am i the only one with this problem? It appears with the desktop update, it's not a coincidence!

Thanks,

Alex

Hi there @dm1971fr,

Thanks for the info and going through this troubleshooting process with us.

The last Desktop update also introduced the New Desktop Experience in which our developers are trying out a new design and some of the app's functionality may not completely polished. This is one of the possible reasons that your Library is not syncing properly across devices. Another possibility could be corrupted cache on one or more of your devices. That's why we'd recommend Logging out Everywhere and clearing the app cache on all your devices. This will force sync your app with the servers.

Can you also let us know how things look from the Web player? Does your Library update normally across devices if you make any changes from there?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

dm1971fr
Regular

hi!

yes, i can update library on the web player!  

As you told me, i have disconnected all devices with no result.

Then, i desinstalled the app from 2 of my computers and cleaned them with tools.

In order to limit the devices, i kept only one desktop and my phone but they are not syncing...

Do you have any other advices? 

Could you relay my problem to the devs?

Alex

Hi @dm1971fr,

Thanks for getting back to us!

There are a few more troubleshooting steps we need to exhaust before we can report this, as it's not something that we were able to reproduce on our end and can't find other reports about this exact issue.

Can you try connecting to another network, like a Mobile hotspot if you data plan allows it. This will help us determine if the issue is network related.

Keep us posted 🙂

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

dm1971fr
Regular

hi!

i tried on a another laptop with a mobile hotspot, same...

You said that it could be a device out of sync.

Do you have the possibility to check this on my account and force it?

It's strange that the phone app works correctly, contrary to the desktop, they contact the same library!

Alex

Hi again @dm1971fr,

Thanks for the reply!

We can't look at what's happening with your account or change things manually from our side unfortunately. Logging out Everywhere from your account page and performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on all your devices should force a server sync and assure that there is no corrupted cache causing this behavior.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

dm1971fr
Regular

hi!

i did everything you said, and i can't use my desktop library properly anymore.

I try to uninstall desktop softwares on every computers, try different internet access, try to uninstall phone app, used clean reinstallations, etc...

What can i do!? 

pleaaaase help! 🙂

Alex

Hi @dm1971fr,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried managing your Library from the Web player?

You can also ask a friend to log in with their account on your PC and see whether you experience the same behavior. If that's not possible, try creating a new test account with another email address and see if that works better.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS