Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mix of other people in my account - multiple daily mixes with the same name

Daily Mix of other people in my account - multiple daily mixes with the same name

One of the most convenient features of the Daily Mix was calling them up through devices like a google nest or Alexa.

Recently this isn't possible any more as I now have multiple daily mixes with the same name (example: 2x "Daily Mix 2", 2x "Daily Mix 3" etc.) and only one of those represents my music taste. The other (that the attached apps seem to prefer for some reason) contains very different kind of music. This makes the whole feature almost useless. 

The playlists are produced for different people, not always the same so I don't think my account has been hacked and misused by someone else.

Has anybody else had this problem? Couldn't find a solution anywhere.

Top Answer
OscarDC

Hey @topinum1985,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

On the screenshot we can see that the Daily mix 1 playlist created by someone else, is under the section Jump back in. This section suggests re-opening some of the recently played playlists. Since the playlist was opened recently (could be by mistake), it would be shown in that section.

Keep in mind that all of the daily mixes playlist based on your listening habits and music tastes are displayed under the section Your Daily Mixes. We'd recommend double checking if the playlist is also present in that section.

The more you listen to your own Mixes and followed playlists, the faster that unwanted mix will disappear from your Jump back in section.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

9 Replies

Hey @picturepal,

Thanks for posting here.

It's good idea to give these steps a go and log out from everywhere.

If nothing changes, could you please share with us a video recording of the issue? We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I am having this issue and I have logged out of everywhere. 

This issue is still happening 

Hey @topinum1985,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you send us links to the Daily Mixes that are not made for you? This'll help us further.

Also make sure to search for the Daily Mixes through the search bar and check the results there. It's possible to find yours somewhere in the search results.

Most probably some foreign Daily Mix has been followed and it now gets shown instead of yours, but you can also try to unfollow it and wait for the next iteration of your own mixes.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hey @topinum1985,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

On the screenshot we can see that the Daily mix 1 playlist created by someone else, is under the section Jump back in. This section suggests re-opening some of the recently played playlists. Since the playlist was opened recently (could be by mistake), it would be shown in that section.

Keep in mind that all of the daily mixes playlist based on your listening habits and music tastes are displayed under the section Your Daily Mixes. We'd recommend double checking if the playlist is also present in that section.

The more you listen to your own Mixes and followed playlists, the faster that unwanted mix will disappear from your Jump back in section.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem.  The Daily mixes are made for random people not me and the issue is only local to my iPhone device. My MacBook app is fine?  I have done password changes, security checks, reset my phone. Done full offloading the app and deleting it with a phone restart before reloading the app. Still no change.  Hours on line to the outsourced support and no solution? 

Also Daily mixes are made daily no? I discovered the issue last night but today its the same random mixes.

Hey @spacelego,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

For starters, we'd like to confirm, did you already check what @OscarDC explained above? Are they mixes that you see in the Made for you section or do they appear in a different section? It'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Lastly, it'll really help us if you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your side. It's always a good idea to secure your account in these cases to make sure everything is in order. You can find out more on how to secure your account here.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I registered Spotify Daily Mix1 on my iPhone as an 'Shortcuts' through someone else's link.

But after that, Daily Mix 1 from someone else (who uploaded the link) hasn't disappeared.
It's a completely different list from my Daily Mix 1.

I have two Daily Mix1 on my list.

Mine and someone else's.

I've played a lot of playlists, but it never go away.

Is there any way. 

Plz...

Suggested posts