Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mix recommendations

Daily Mix recommendations

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone XR 

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

My Question or Issue

I have two issues here which are kinda the same:

1. my daily mixes aren't as accurate as they should be, for example, I listen to BTS a lot they're one of my top artists however whenever I open my daily mix 1 (with BTS as the cover) it barely has any songs by them. I recently counted an I found that I only have seven BTS songs in that mix while the majority was NCT who I barely listen to and I find this annoying as it feels like Spotify is pushing this artist down my throat even though I barely listen to them. Additionally, if they were going to make a mix that featured NCT more than BTS then why didn't they put NCT as the cover, as I pressed it expecting to listen to BTS while instead, I get NCT songs. Make it make sense.

2. Which is kinda similar to no.1, some of my daily mixes are completely inaccurate as I used to have this Daily Mix that featured Japanese songs and I realised that most of them weren't even the same genre and some of them were just English musicals/tv show songs which I found unusual as I assumed that daily mixes were organised by genre and language. so to try and get these ENGLISH songs out of my JAPANESE mix I would dislike them, however, they just kept showing up which I find hella infuriating. 

So help????

2 Replies

Hey there,

So first of all, there is not really any way of changing this for you. I recommend checking out this idea, which suggests you should have the option to press a "Don't Like Button" everywhere.

Now what I also wanted to add, is why I think this is happening (the following is just me speculating):

The Daily Mixes on Spotify probably rely a lot on keywords. If you will listen to K-Pop or whatever, it might show you a lot of songs from the same genre, but it might also show you songs with similar keywords (I'm not even sure if keywords for songs are a thing), which would not have to be from the same genre. I also guess that Spotify wants to show you the music you don't listen to a lot, to show you new songs you might like.

I hope my answer was somewhat helpful and I wish you a great day.

Thanks for the reply,
I just find it frustrating that Spotify doesn't have a feature that fixes this, but as I said I've tried disliking songs and it still recommends them.
Anyways, thanks for the advice tho ✌︎

Suggested posts