Daily Mixes full of songs I don't like

Premium

Iceland

Device

(iPhone X, Macbook Pro 2015)

Operating System

(iOS 10.14.6)

Hi 
So my problem is that las year I visited a friend and her full house of children for my vacation. I logged on to Spotify at her house and forgot to log out. No one realised anything until i got Your Year Wrapped 2019. My most played songs were children songs I had never heard before. So I logged out of all devices.

Now I can't get passed this because my daily mixes are constantly full of children songs. Can a log from this specific location from 2019 be erased or can I reset my listening history?

Can this be fixed somehow please?

Eva

4 Replies

Hi @evahronn,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

Right now, there is no way to manually reset your listening history and recommendations. But there's a relevant idea for what you're suggesting in the Idea Exchange here. Feel free to add your vote to it - it's the best way to provide your feedback for new features such as this one.

In the meantime, we'd suggest listening to your favorite music as much as possible and in time your Daily Mixes and recommendations will get better again.

The only alternative for an immediate fix, would be to start over with a new account. You can transfer your music collection to the new account following the steps here.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have never seen a company that suggests more half baked solutions to the company’s own problems.  Every solution to Spotify shortcomings is 1 of 3 things.  

1) just live with it. We posted that we would fix it in 2019, but never did anything.

2) user needs to do a bunch of manual work that might possibly maybe help. But then again, it probably won’t work out anyway. 
3) close your account and start over with a new account.  

Does anyone have suggestions about a better music service?

I have such a problem. While I've listened to at least 10 songs of grunge and indie rock, the daily mix includes nu metal, which I haven't heard at all on Spotify. what the **bleep**. Start listening to the songs you love so much and hopefully your daily mixes will improve.

And I wanted to say one more thing. Daily mixes that were full of songs that I didn't like so I logged out and logged in with a new account but the same thing happened again. If anyone knows, please guide me so I can find a way not to encounter songs that I don't like.

Suggested posts