Premium

Country

United Kingdom 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+ and HP laptop

Operating System

Android Pie and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have recently started listening to the Daily Wellness playlist in the mornings and I really enjoy it, a good mix of music and podcasts. However, there are a few issues and I wondered if there was anything I could do to fix them.

1. The playlist often has the same podcast episodes (i.e. the same headspace podcast episode). It even says played on the playlist so it's clear that Spotify knows it's already been played. Some of the podcast episodes are different so part of the playlist is definitely getting updated. 

2. The same songs pop up in the playlist most days, is there a way to stop this? I do not listen on private sessions and I consistently add songs to my library.

3. Is there a way to change the type of podcasts included or is it the same for everyone? There are ones on nutrition and running in my playlist which arent really topics I'm interested in. 

I have already tried a clean uninstall.

Thanks,

12 Replies

Hey there @nady94

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We've recently received reports about this issue. In this case, we'd recommend adding the info requested in this thread so we can report it to the team in charge. 

We'll keep you updated with any relevant news about this in that thread.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for replying. So I should add my information to that thread instead? 

That thread seems to be about it not updating which fits two of my questions but I was wondering if you could help me with my other question - is it possible to select the types of podcasts we get? Or is it the same for everyone?

Also, is it possible to tell me 1) What time the daily wellness playlist updates in the evening? I haven't been able to see the evening one yet 2) Do the podcasts from the morning disappear after a certain amount of time? I try and finish the whole playlist in the morning but sometimes I want to finish it at lunch but by then the podcasts have disappeared and it's just the songs left. 

Thanks, 

Hi @nady94,

Thanks for your reply.

We'll try to answer your questions in order:

1. is it possible to select the types of podcasts we get? - No, you'll get recommendations based on your listening habits and what is most popular with other users who have similar taste in your region. 
  2. What time the daily wellness playlist updates in the evening? - The more you listen, the more frequently it updates. So it has no specific time for updating. If you're not listening to a variety of content on a daily basis it might not update that frequently and vise versa.
  3. Do the podcasts from the morning disappear after a certain amount of time? - Content might disappear as the playlist updates during the day. What you can do is like or follow the podcasts that seem interesting to you and listen to them at a later time. You can also add the podcast episodes to a playlist.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Great thank you, that helps a lot. Sounds like there's no 'fix' for the issues raised (repeated songs, podcasts I'm not interested in, the playlist only updating once in the morning then disappearing by midday and no evening playlist).

I'll just carry on listening hoping one day the podcasts will change and the songs become more varied - if anyone has any advice for how I can speed up that process let me know.

I seem to have the same issue as this users. I have stuck podcasts that date back to December 2021 and the start of March 2022 (it is now 2022-03-28). These podcasts just won't disappear from me list, even though I've tried listening to and finishing them multiple times (even the ones I don't enjoy). I would love the ability to have the podcasts reset daily to new ones, that way I can choose to "save them for later" or "skip because they are of no interest". Thank you in advance for your help.Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 5.57.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-28 at 5.57.27 PM.png

Hey @HeresJonnie,

Thanks for the post.

In this case, I'd recommend listening to content from other podcast creators or music creators, which will help get new recommendations in your list. Make sure that Private Session is switched off.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator

Hey Alex, thank you for your quick response.

I actually have never listened to or subscribed to the podcasts in the Daily Wellness playlist. The only thing remotely close to Health & Wellness that I listen to is Tim Ferris. Otherwise, all the other podcasts I consume are sports & sports fantasy.

Can you elaborate on how podcast system works in the Daily Wellness playlist?
Does everyone see different podcasts based on their taste?

Thanks in advance.

Hey @HeresJonnie,

Thanks for your fast reply. 

I'll try to share a bit more info regarding your last question here. The podcasts featured in the Daily Wellness aren't selected/curated dynamically based on your listening patterns, as this is valid only for the musical portion of that mix. So basically, there is a pool of several wellness-themed podcast shows that are being used and are one and the same for everybody. The featured podcast episodes get updated at different times during day and night alongside with the musical parts of the playlist.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator

Hi Kiril, are there any plans to allow removing or hiding podcasts from the playlist (similar to regular or shared playlist)?

It's getting annoying to keep hearing the BPD podcast over and over since March 3. Furthermore, the in app controls only allow to skip 15 seconds and not the entire podcast. I have to literally open the list and click on the next song. This seems like a few layers of poor design choices.

Ty in advance!

Hi @HeresJonnie,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

At the moment, there are no plans to remove/hide podcast within said playlist. Keep in mind the podcasts in this playlist are curated from a poll of podcasts, so it's expected these show up every now and then. However, we'll pass your feedback to the right folks.

Changing tunes, it's possible to skip a podcast by using the in-app control (see screenshot below). If you can't, send us a picture/video with more details about it. We'll check it further.

We'll be here standing by. 

JulianModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks for the info Julian. I'm assuming that this doesn't exist for the Mobile App correct?

Screenshot_20220402-174809.png

Hey again @HeresJonnie,

Jumping in to answer your last question here.

For the mobile version, the replacement of previous/skip control features with the 15 sec forward/backwards jump is expected. In case you'd like to skip the whole episode altogether from your mobile device, then you can accomplish this by using the playback scrollbar to fast-track toward to the end of the content.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts