Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Wellness songs turned into elevator music!

Daily Wellness songs turned into elevator music!

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue

I’ve been listening to Daily Wellness for a little over a year and I love it! Recently, though, I’ve noticed the songs are all very weird, instrumentals. 
I normally just end up going through and hiding all the songs to play just the podcasts.

Is there a way to change the songs that play? 

28 Replies

Hey there @Anportie

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

Keep in mind that the Daily Wellness playlist is personalized according to your taste.

While it's not possible to change the content manually, we'd recommend listening to more of your favorite music so that you can get better recommendations in this playlist. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same thing happened to me today. I don’t listen to any elevator music but suddenly my entire daily wellness is filled with it. Help!!

Same thing here. Haven’t listened to a single track that is only acoustic elevator/massage tracks.

Hey @Tomvranas,

Thanks for the post.

As @Novy said, the Daily Wellness and other automatically generated playlists are made up of songs that depend on your listening habits and what's most popular with other users who tend to listen to similar music.

Keep listening to your favorite music and artists and the list should update soon.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Is there anyway to reset my play history? Clearly the algorithm is broken. I have listened to 4-6 hour a day for a week of the same genre of music but daily wellness still only plays elevator music. 

if this has happened to others there’s clearly something wrong. 

Hi there @Tomvranas,

Thank you for your reply.

There's currently an idea - [Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History. We suggest that you head over there and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the idea for any updates regarding this.

We suggest that you keep on listening to your music taste and make sure that no one else use your account to mix up the algorithm.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I hate to keep pushing on this issue but clearly something is broken. Constantly streaming songs in my daily mixes that are exactly my preference but the songs in Daily Wellness remain instrumental elevator music. 

now on top of that the wake up/wind down podcast has gone missing as well. See picture - clearly something is broken with this Daily Wellness feature. 

757F0CE0-FE20-4C5E-BA48-185807760FAA.jpeg

I am having the same issue. My playlist is full of jazz piano and many of the podcasts are missing from the playlist. I listen to absolutely NO jazz piano so there's no way that my playlist is based on my streams

Hi folks,

Thanks for the posts.

Music you listen to from your Daily MIx, Discover Weekly, Release Radar etc. won't influence your algorithm. Make sure you listen to your favourite artists via the Search menu. From singles, EPs and albums or playlist which feature them.

Also, make sure that Private Session is switched Off from the app settings.

Keep us posted on this, if you keep getting strange recommendations in the upcoming weeks.

AlexModerator

So I abandoned Daily Wellness as the elevator music wasn’t changing. Checked back in and I’m having the same issues as the above user. Now everything is jazz!!! I’ve never once listened to any jazz on Spotify….in the same way I’ve never one listened to elevator music. 

love this feature but clearly there’s something wrong if you have users having the same issues and the same odd playlists. I would wonder how many others have had the same issue and just abandoned the playlist. 

In addition, the wake up wind down is still missing. 

B68E4D0B-40BE-40AA-A4A0-354512116F4B.png

I abandoned it as well. Now I just queue up the episodes of the wellness segments and listen to those in the morning. Spotify needs to scrap DW and rebuild it from scratch. If we're all having the same problem then it it's obvious that the problem is with the DW playlist

I noticed this as well - what happened to Wake Up Wind Down?!
RE the music choices: I was wondering if maybe there were a couple of songs/artists that we like that caused this to happen. I went through a lot of my liked songs and made sure they accurately reflect my taste. This hasn’t helped - and it’s been a few weeks now. 😕

Same thing has happened to me and it doesn’t reflect my listening taste at all. I mean it’s not unbearable but I don’t listen to it anymore 

I, too, have been having this issue, for prettttty much the same exact timeframe and started around the same time as the first post here. All of a sudden my songs went from normal stuff I listen to all-instrumentals. First it was ambient trippy stuff, now it’s all jazzy. For the love of god please fix it. And with respect, please don’t resuggest the same “fixes” as above, or tell us to listen to more of our favorites (as if we’d do much else) - it clearly isn’t working for us 🙂 this change happened overnight and it’s clearly a widespread issue. Thanks!

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We've gone ahead and reported this to the right team.

We'll get back to you as soon as we hear something regarding this.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your feedback and patience here, while we were investigating this situation. 

We can confirm that there were changes made to the Daily Wellness playlist and that songs are now being curated differently, so this change of content is to be expected.   

The missing podcast episodes however should be up and available again, and we'll be glad if that is the case on your end as well 🙂

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator

Thanks for confirming what everyone else here already knew.

Confirming that podcasts are back (although a little frustrated that the Wake Up/Wind Down didn't make the cut).

As per the curation issue, are these still supposedly based on my listening habits? If so, it's still broken. I'm again still only seeing elevator, non-lyrical, elevator music. If there isn't customization of music based on listening habits, that would be good to know so we can all abandon what was a perfectly wonderful, working product.

Is there any chance of changing back to how it was then?! 
I’m sorry but surely no one has appreciated these changes. Apart from maybe people who choose to listen to elevator  music normally but then they won’t even notice the difference! 
such a shame as I used to love daily wellness 😞

Hey!

The amount of personalization has been toned down, so that would explain the fact it suddenly doesn't match your taste so well. We'll pass the feedback on to the content team, although we can't promise that it will be changed back as it used to be. We ourselves are not aware of other threads or reports surrounding this, but we'll be monitoring the boards for any other mentions and feedback.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts