Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Wellness songs turned into elevator music!

Daily Wellness songs turned into elevator music!

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue

I’ve been listening to Daily Wellness for a little over a year and I love it! Recently, though, I’ve noticed the songs are all very weird, instrumentals. 
I normally just end up going through and hiding all the songs to play just the podcasts.

Is there a way to change the songs that play? 

28 Replies

Yeah so just wanted to add I’ve been dealing with this too for over a month. I was really loving my daily wellness playlist and then it suddenly decided I was clearly into jazz when I have 100% been listening to musicals like encanto, Hamilton, in the heights, etc. and indie alternative. 0 of my songs are Jazz—including my top 5 genres for the 2021 wrapped— but if you scroll to the bottom of daily wellness, all the related playlists are jazz. 

I would like absolutely zero recommendations that have already been provided in this thread. They do not work. So please stop repeating them as though we haven’t read this thread or thought to do basic things. 

I understand companies, especially big ones, are hesitant to resolve issues that don’t affect the majority of their users—as an operations manager, I get it, but I’d love for Spotify to better explore this issue to identify how many users played this playlist from May - August 2021 compared to September 2021 - January 2022. Whether the engagement with the songs changed, etc. I would imagine this number has dropped, which could be indicative of the silent majority just moving on rather than reaching out to report an issue. Not necessarily that the issue isn’t affecting a large number of people. What you’re seeing here is the people who are actually invested in that playlist and took time to reach out about it, and I would hope spotify would be more invested in them for their time and interest and money. 

Just chiming in to say that I too am having the same issue of the music being stuck on elevator jazz & not reflecting what I actually listen to the way other personalized playlists do & I hate it- because there is no other alternative that offers the music-talk-music-talk mix one might get from radio through streaming services. Genuinely hope y'all fix this, because it's a very unique service, compared to what other streaming platforms have to offer. 

so it's been almost a year since I last posted... and nothing is better. I also abandoned the feature at that point and just checked in on it today to see if perhaps it was good again - nope. I even stopped listening to the ambient/lofi/jazzy styles of music on Spotify completely and now only use YouTube, solely in an effort to keep my Spotify algo & Daily Wellness strictly upbeat/hip hop/indie/poppy stuff... and after a year, it's still not better - why??? 

also curious, why was the amount of personalization toned down?? everything else is super personalized, why not this?

Seems like this topic is dead but I just tried to go back to daily wellness and was shocked to see it was literally the most boring jazz ive ever heard. The daily drive is still personalized so why not daily wellness! Really would love to see any acknowledgment that this issue is still ongoing and some explanation as to why 

@Kiril wrote:

Hey!

The amount of personalization has been toned down, so that would explain the fact it suddenly doesn't match your taste so well. We'll pass the feedback on to the content team, although we can't promise that it will be changed back as it used to be. We ourselves are not aware of other threads or reports surrounding this, but we'll be monitoring the boards for any other mentions and feedback.

In other words:

• We changed the algorithm to force feed you stuff that you don't like, but we get paid to promote.
  • We are going to ignore you, because you are just a little customer and we are big enough to not care.
  • We are going to deny that your experience is shared by any other human being.

In sum, just shut up and enjoy what you have before we take even more away.

We (customers) have to accept that Spotify is a big company run by Hollywood executives. Of course, the service is going to get worse and worse for people over time, because it only exists now for the sake of shareholder returns, e.g., profits for the wealthy.

Yep same here  I really loved listening to daily wellness, but since the music changed to nothing that I like to listen to, I've stopped listening to it. I keep popping back to to see if it has changed but it hasn't 🙄

I'm really disappointed with Spotify, firstly denying that it had happened and secondly not listening to complaints and dealing with them. It doesn't make any sense.  They're really spoiled dailywellness  and a lot of people won't be listening to it as a result. 

Aaarg - had this issue end of 2021 and this morning the dreaded jazz is back 😭😭😭😭 I hate it so much it really grates me when I'm suppose to be relaxing. 

I’ll add myself to the list of mourners of Daily Wellness.  Was a great thing while it lasted. Sad to see it neglected. 

I have already commented on this but I really can’t emphasise enough what a shame it is that they decided to f*** up daily wellness. 
i was reflecting on covid lockdowns the other day and how daily wellness really helped me through some tough times.  As a mental health professional working through the pandemic, some of my colleagues and I even got our young patients listening to it too…no way would I recommend that now tho, they’d lose all respect for me haha 

Suggested posts