Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC, Pixel

Operating System

Windows 10, Android

My Question or Issue

Why isn't Daniel Lanois - Acadie available in Canada?

9 Replies

Hi @BobGohd!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Communty!

Availability of albums and songs can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels. Unfortunately, this is something Spotify doesn't have control on.

If you want you sen submit your music requests here. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

https://open.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify:user:1gdr7ny1wk8oegnhcd6cn9jc1&size=detail&theme=ligh...

Yeah, I was wondering more specifically why this album wasn't available, as the rest of his work is, and this is his home country. 

Thanks for the link though, that helped.

Yes. This is just plain stewpid weird, this omission.

@SoundShots  If you don't know, then don't answer with gibberish. 

@SoundShots wrote:

Hi @BobGohd!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Communty!

Availability of albums and songs can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels. Unfortunately, this is something Spotify doesn't have control on.

If you want you sen submit your music requests here. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

https://open.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify:user:1gdr7ny1wk8oegnhcd6cn9jc1&size=detail&theme=ligh...

Link for requests is broken, which is it?

Hey @ManMachine,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This link does not exist anymore. If you want certain music pieces to become available on Spotify, you should reach out to the rights holder of the music pieces, as they're the only ones, who can submit it to Spotify.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

@Dian wrote:

Hey @ManMachine,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This link does not exist anymore. If you want certain music pieces to become available on Spotify, you should reach out to the rights holder of the music pieces, as they're the only ones, who can submit it to Spotify.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

Ok, so you do not actively seek out any music?    How do I find out who owns a particular piece of music, could you provide a link to a database please?

No in Ireland either, so I wonder if there’s some weird legal snag with this particular album? Pity. It’s a humdinger!

ping?

Suggested posts