Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Decade Mixes showing Artists I've never listened to

Decade Mixes showing Artists I've never listened to

My Question or Issue

All of my decade mixes (80's-2010's) are full of artists I've never listened to, or have told Spotify to never play. The descriptions show the correct bands but the playlists are full of random stuff. I basically only listen to metal and it's full of pop/rap songs.

Posted an example pic, artists clearly show 3TEETH, Warbringer, Spirit Adrift and it's nothing but Adele, Ed Sheeran, Bieber, etc. I don't pay for the service to listen to any of these artists.

issue.jpg
10 Replies

Same thing happens to me too 😞 what plan do you have? I always think mine is like that because i have free plan

Hey @Kiefblade @unclerk,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Sorry to hear this happened with your 2021 Wrapped. If you're not sure where those stats/artists/songs come from, it'd be great to double-check your account is fully safe and hasn't been accessed unexpectedly. This and this article should feature all the info you need.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm in the same boat.

Decade mix shows artists I like in their title ("X,X, and more"), but is actually full of mainstream (regionalized) rubbish.

It used to work properly a few weeks ago.

Changed password / disconnected all devices / disabled all app access - but I'm not sure it might solves this issue as it seems more kind of a bug, since playlist are still displaying "proper" bands in their titles.

Halp ?

Capture.JPG

I have the premium plan, so I'm not sure why it's happening!

My account is safe too! Still showing artists that i dont know 

Hey Mario,

It isn't with the 2021 Wrapped Playlist, those songs are displaying correctly. My decade mixes specifically only play popular songs from those years, when they used to play songs that I listen to from said decades. The only thing I could think of was that they changed the algorithm. I've made sure nobody else has accessed my account.

Everything got back to normal for me 👍

Mine is still like this 😞 did you do anything to fix it or did you do something after that it just solved?

Mine just fixed itself after a couple of days, I'm not sure what was going on. Hope yours works soon!

Thank you!

Suggested posts