Delete some but not all of my history

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop, Android, Amazon Echo Show

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify for all my daytime listening, but lately I've also been using it to help me sleep. So as time has gone by, the system thinks I love slow relaxing sleep songs, which I do, but only for a couple of hours and not every day. Regardless, the system is suggesting tons of instrumental sleep songs, building TWO Made For Me playlists of sleep music, and beginning to lose touch with the stuff I really like to listen to with my eyes open. 

Is there any way to filter out that music so it doesn't show up with everything else? I do most of my listening at night on an Amazon Echo device, so putting a SECOND Spotify account on it isn't possible from what their support forums tell me, otherwise I'd just do that. 

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

1 Reply

Hi @markedwards1 and thanks for posting! 🙂

I can totally understand! Unfortunately, it's not possible to partially delete your history. The only thing I can recommend (outside of that unwanted second account) would be trying a private session for your evening use and see if Spotify can learn some more desirable mixes. According to this support article, private mode shouldn't influence recommendations so it might help if you haven't already given it a shot.

I hope this was useful and have a fantastic day! 🙂

Suggested posts