Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deprecating Preview clips

Deprecating Preview clips

Hi everyone,

The Song Previews of playlists, albums, artist, track pages and Liked Songs were recently deprecated. Preview clips will still be available on any assisted curation and the Add songs feature under Liked Songs and playlists.

Your constructive feedback on this change is important, so don't hesitate to share it here! Let us know how you think the Song Previews could have been improved in order to provide a better user experience.

Rest assured this thread is actively being monitored and your input is taken into account by the relevant teams, so feel free to submit your suggestions below.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
174 Replies

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 16.0.2

(For context, I have downloaded every possible update and have been checking the App Store frequently over the past few days.)

I’m not sure if this is a feature you can turn off or a new update changing the app’s fundamentals for users with a free plan, but it’s been bothering me a lot lately and I haven’t seen anything else about it.

Recently, my app has been displaying my playlists in the disorienting format attached. I cannot see the album covers of songs in my playlist, nor can I play a sample clip of them — in addition, when browsing other playlists that are not my own, I can’t even view the full list of songs in them and am limited to a short list, as shown in the attachment below. As someone who enjoys expanding my taste in music, keeping tabs on my friends’ playlists, and exploring the playlists of other users, this new function of not being able to scroll through songs in others’ playlists or play clips of songs I don’t know is a seriously aggravating issue. I’ve convened with other friends of mine that are also using Spotify’s free plan and I’ve found that we all are experiencing the same issue.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

DEDFA65B-FDE5-4B22-AC0D-290FF21EF5B5.png
807104F5-4D81-47A8-983F-9F3D63E21A63.png

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

iPhone 6S Plus

My Issue

Hi Spotify team,

I have a serious issue with my playlists where I cannot move the songs on it. Up until today it was always the same: three dots, edit playlist and dragging the song to where I want it but today for some reason, the three bars which allow me to drag the songs have completely vanished (this is on all my playlists)

I’ve done everything: closed and reopened the app, reinstalled it TWICE and logged out and in again TWICE.

Also it’s not a new feature as my cousins phone is on free plan but the only difference is that her phone is Samsung but she can still move her songs.

Any idea how to fix this? I’ve attached some screenshots to shown you what it’s like. Two of the photos are from the same playlist and one of them is from another one.

3926973A-91A1-4071-B772-F951654D0EE0.png
3B8D7F9D-F148-42B6-BB07-56A8F258A159.png
FAC26738-7296-46A8-A90F-EC1F59BEAA17.png

I’ve also powered off my phone and powered it on again.

I have the same problem on my android.

Thanks for your reply. This is a problem for all playlists. I can't screen record, but here is what it looks like when I click on a playlist(first image). Like I said, there is no way to veiw it or any other playlist, and
this means that the only way to view a song is to be listening to it. I can however edit my custom playlists, but I cannot even preview the songs, only delete them(second image). Since I have the free version I can't select
specific song to play, so this makes adding new songs extremely difficult.
Thanks, and I hope this helps
TuxedoChicken99

##- Please type your reply above this line -#

Screenshot_20221112-132747_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221112-133531_Spotify.jpg

I am a very visual person. And I also listen to a lot of music. Therefore I tend to remember songs by album cover which tends to stick in my memory far better than a billion song titles and artists.  I also like to add songs I've heard maybe once to playlists to listen to later.

Now when I go to edit my playlists, I find myself completely lost and unable to recognize any of what I've added and haven't listened to. The issue is, I can't preview the song either to remind myself what it sounds like. This also makes it harder to browse other people's playlists to look for music, one of the things I liked best about Spotify previously.

0DC14928-C60A-4312-B50F-B3005A0BE12E.jpeg

So as the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I suspect that most people want the old UI back. I hope that if Spotify cares about their customers at all, they'll do something about it.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS 15.6.1)

My Question or Issue

In the past couple of days, my Spotify keeps losing some features. I've lost the ability to preview songs in my playlists or sort my liked songs several times today. And to fix it, I have to clear cache and log out only for the issues to start again a few hours later. Please help me stop this for good.

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 16.0.2

My Question or Issue

Why is the playlist view gone? Or its an issue

I know I have free plan but when you viewed playlists u could click on songs and get previews now I can’t and it’s hard and annoying to find new songs

Like why? What is the point.

as of the 13th of November 2022 my spotify updated and I put it lightly when I say I have a strong dislike for it . when you scroll through your playlist on the free mobile version, you can no longer listen to a short part of the songs, and a button that read "add songs" no longer appears after you've already added some songs. i dislike this a lot because I liked to scroll through the suggested songs while I was making my playlists, and I liked to preview some of the songs to see what else fit in. please reverse it pretty please!!!!!!! thanks 🙂

hello,

I added the wallpapers with the concern that I have with my playlist and a playlist created by spotify.

After the update: 

Screenshot_2022-11-13-11-02-23-382_com.spotify.music.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-13-11-15-02-415_com.spotify.music.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-13-11-03-30-200_com.spotify.music.jpg

Before the update 

Screenshot_2022-11-13-11-03-04-476_com.spotify.music.jpgScreenshot_2022-11-13-11-03-12-622_com.spotify.music.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-13-11-13-42-825_com.spotify.music.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-13-11-14-22-521_com.spotify.music.jpg

      

Good, these days the mobile Spotify application was updated and I went to my playlists and saw them as with a very bad appearance. Before you went in and saw them more colorful, plus you could play 30 seconds to hear what the song is like. Also in the lists over and over again you could enter to see the songs but now you can't see them unless you hit random play and the ones that play. In conclusion, for my part, put the most colorful playlists and that 30 seconds of song can be played again and be able to do the same in the loop lists and over and over again. All the best. Sonia

Screenshot_2022-11-13-16-07-24-172_com.spotify.music.jpg

spotify’s recent update is the worst update i’ve seen. besides the font changing to new sizes and things being moved around to odd places, i can’t even play previews of the songs in my playlists anymore. it’s super inconvenient. can anyone relate?

Recently Spotify took away the choice to listen to small clips of the songs with a click like a trial to hear the song, and also the choice to look through someone else’s playlist at the songs. I want these features back as I used them everytime I used Spotify and probably won’t use the app as much anymore. Anyone else? 

The ability to preview songs in a playlist, including our own, or songs in general before adding them to a playlist helps us discover more music instead of adding things only to find out we don't like them later on. This can be very frustrating for premium and free users alike. I would gladly pay to preview songs. This is how important this feature is. It also helps when sampling songs that might be similar and we want a particular one in the playlist. This is key with remixes especially as many songs have many versions or covers. It was a valuable feature to users. 

they took away the ability to preview songs in all playlists even your own and you also can’t click to see which songs are in playlists which is very frustrating when trying to add and delete songs from playlists making the app pretty pointless at that point when you can’t even tell what the songs are if it doesnt change i think it’s no longer worth it i also am using the free versions so i’m not sure if it’s like this on premium

It does seem that spotify is **bleep** bent on getting users to uninstall its app.  I have gotten used to the randomish updates, buttons moving around, content moving around and the constant pushing for podcasts.  But the update today or yesterday is a total mess.   

When you go to a playlist and tap 'edit', you used to be able to listen to the previews of the songs you added. Now, you cannot do that. You can only remove songs. I HATE this feature! Please bring back the previous set-up!!

Spotify did this before and removed it soon after, it makes it difficult to make playlists for certain moods when you can’t hear how songs sound together. Spotify, just bring back the old setup and stick with it, please.

Completely agree! It's incredibly frustrating!

Suggested posts