Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deprecating Preview clips

Deprecating Preview clips

Hi everyone,

The Song Previews of playlists, albums, artist, track pages and Liked Songs were recently deprecated. Preview clips will still be available on any assisted curation and the Add songs feature under Liked Songs and playlists.

Your constructive feedback on this change is important, so don't hesitate to share it here! Let us know how you think the Song Previews could have been improved in order to provide a better user experience.

Rest assured this thread is actively being monitored and your input is taken into account by the relevant teams, so feel free to submit your suggestions below.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
174 Replies

oh my gosh!! yesssss!!! it’s a christmas miracle! thank you spotify!! 

I executed your shared solution it was really very helpful

Wow so cool.

Noooo bad news! I have the latest version of Spotify but mine recently switched back to the version without preview clips and album art but only on my own playlists. Other playlists are still ok. Having the preview feature and album art on my playlists is helpful as it helps me organize my own music… can you pleaseeee bring it back?

Unfortunately I have the free version and recently it’s made it so I cannot add preview songs in my playlist, others playlists, and even “shuffled with” playlist. This is how I would discover music and now I can’t do that. Me as well as the may others who have expressed our concern would really appreciate it if you brought it back to normal 🙂 

Hey @amuze12,

Can you please send us a few screenshots of how things look on your end when you open the playlist?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

One of Spotify’s key features is having a free option. Removing features, such as not being able to preview songs in your own playlist for free Spotify users is ridiculous. Removing the option to preview an artist’s popular songs on their Spotify page is also ridiculous. How does one decide if they will like the song or not? It creates a very unpleasant experience for users. It forces them to buy premium, however based on feedback, it seems most users will switch to other streaming platforms, as will I. Now, Spotify does not distinguish itself from other services, such as Apple Music, Youtube Music, Pandora, etc. I hope to see these features returned. 

When making a new playlist I prefer to preview the songs after adding them into the playlist. This way I can make sure all the songs fit with the theme of the playlist. Recently, Spotify will randomly change the layout of my app without prompt and whilst doing so it takes away the ability to preview songs.
I don't have an issue with previewing songs when adding them into the playlist, it only appears after I've added them.

So, Spotify, I am kindly asking you to revert this mistake and bring back preview for all songs including before and after being added to a playlist. Having the ability to preview a song after searching for it would be very helpful too.

I have the latest version of Spotify, and I still don’t have the option for the previews. Spotify Cares on Twitter says it’s testing out the feature, but it’s been confirmed here that the feature was returned. 

Hi @bluegamerboy,

Thanks for reaching out. Consider performing a clean reinstall, that can help push the update. If the feature still doesn't work, please send us some screenshots of what you see and we'll investigate further.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator

I did a clean reinstall and the app worked fine afterwards until I closed it. When I reopened it later, it was reverted back to the version without preview clips and album covers. Please fix this! The app is so much more difficult to use right now

Hey @Kino99,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

If the app worked after the clean reinstall, it's possible that your device still got some damaged cache stored. To make sure it is not device-related, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out.

Also, to take a better look at the issue, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Sorry for the late response, but I have a iPhone XR and the a iOS version is 16.2. My Spotify version is 8.8.1.397

This is happening with me although it’s only I can’t preview songs that are in my playlist as it says ‘edit’ instead of more. Which is quite annoying because I want to be able to preview all of my songs including those of others to find similar songs or new song that I enjoy listening to.

This has happened before and it’s really frustrating because I can no longer make any playlists or edit them without knowing what songs sound like. I do have screen shots but I’m unaware as to how I add them on to this forum.

Hey folks,

Could you share a few screenshots which show how the app looks on your end? @Marzzsz, you can attach them to your reply here by clicking on the "camera icon". Alternatively, you can also upload them to a cloud service and share the link, if you prefer so, just make sure the files are accessible by anyone with the link so we can view them.

Feel free to also share the following:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.

If you haven't already, log out and sign back in to your account to see if that does the trick. You can do that from the app's Settings > Log out. If possible, try logging in on another mobile device (a friend's or a relative's would do) and check if you'd experience the same behavior there.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

In my case I still don't have the preview feature for Playlists that I have made but can preview liked songs and other people's Playlists. 

I don't understand why I can't preview songs from Playlists I have made myself. 

Me too. They said they fixed it, yet I can’t see any of my songs.

Screenshot_20230119_202326_com.spotify.music.jpg

 this is how my Spotify looks when I go to preview songs from Playlists I have made. You can see that I am unable to preview any of the songs in this Playlist and others like it. 

I'm running the latest update of the app and the preview songs feature still doesn't work, I can only remove songs. This sucks as it's almost impossible to manage playlists now.

Suggested posts