Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Discover] Bring Back New Releases for You

[Desktop][Discover] Bring Back New Releases for You

Just started using the new desktop UI - so far so good! I have one thing though: I already miss the "new releases for you" section that used to be under "Discover" (which appears to have gone away).

It appears most of the recommendations under "Discover" and more have been brought into home - which is great! However, I was a weekly user of the new releases for you section - going through it was pretty much the first thing I did every Friday. I LOVE finding new music from the artists I love ASAP, and using the Release Radar playlist instead feels incomplete to me (e.g., I've felt in the past that it didn't pick up all of the releases that new releases for you did).

Would be absolutely ecstatic if you considered bringing this section back under home along with the other recommendations you have here now.

Thanks for a consistently great product that I've avidly used for years!

4 Replies

Indeed, New Releases for You is something that is for me one of the reasons to use Spotify. Release Radar does not give easy access to whole new albums, only new songs.

This feature was THE most important feature for me. I was always on top of the new stuff related to MY own artists and now it's just gone.

This is the single most stupid thing I have ever seen on the Spotify app...

PS - I DO NOT CARE ABOUT STUPID PODCASTS OR CRAPPY MUSIC FLOODING MY HOME SCREEN! FFS!

After re-installing the MacOS desktop app as suggested by a friend, I did find the New Releases area again, SIXTEEN sections below on the Home page. SIXTEEN!

You dudes really need to get a hold of yourselves. Get your designers to study UX...

May I suggest you actually let us, the USERS, choose what we want to see on our Home page?

Thank you and stop moving the cheese...

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Please note that the New Releases for You section should still be available under Search>Discover>scrolling down.  If this feature doesn't act as expected it's a good idea to clean reinstall Spotify on the device where this occurs. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations.

If you would like to have this feature on the Home Screen, we recommend that you add your support for this idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts