Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Playlists Created from Albums No Longer include Artist name in Title

[Desktop][Playlists] Playlists Created from Albums No Longer include Artist name in Title

Up until the last desktop update a few weeks ago, if you created a new playlist from an album the playlist would be named "artist - album". No longer. Now the name is just "album". This is forcing me to hand-edit every playlist I create, which is an annoying waste of time.

5 Replies

Yes! This is one of the most annoying things to me about the new UI update.

What frustrates me even more is that this feature should take about one minute to fix and they still haven't fixed it.

Yeah, it used to be that you would actually get 'album - artist' and that i manually needed to edit the playlist and turn them around. Now it's just 'album' and nothing more. Really annoying that you need to fix that every single time you add a playlist from an album. Given that the older bug existed for a couple of years i doubt they will ever fix this. Albums are just not a priority for Spotify.

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on the Community. Apologies for the late reply, we've just come across this thread. 

We completely understand where you're coming from and are sorry that you're not satisfied with this change to the app.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks. For now, we'd recommend making sure your app is up to date so you don't miss any important updates.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Not only is the new client slow compared the the previous one, it's even worse when  standard features that existed in the old version is gone.

Suggested posts