Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Your Library] Some local files do not show their cover art

[Desktop][Your Library] Some local files do not show their cover art

I recorded a gif of it happening: https://gyazo.com/4c7512e91118a3741a57ce3086e2cf29

I'm listening to JDGAF and it shows the song and the Slim Shady EP cover art at the bottom but when I go to the next song which is on a different mixtape with different cover art, it just keeps showing the Slim Shady EP cover art. This is just one example of what happens when I go to an album with working cover art to one that's not working

I have tried opening one song from every album to see if their cover arts work in the windows groove music player and they certainly do so I know it aren't the files that are at fault

I read up a lot on this issue and I've seen people say that having apostrophes in the song names (which I accessed using Mp3Tag) or in the file names mess it up but there seems to be no correlation between apostrophes and cover art appearing (for example, some albums with apostrophes in at least one song name show up but some that don't, don't show their cover art which doesn't make sense)

also, I've read before that the pics shouldn't be more than 300x300 but I have one that's 1500x1500 that works fine

If any additional information is needed to help, please let me know

0 Replies

Suggested posts