Devices menu won't sync iPhone and MAC

Devices menu won't sync iPhone and MAC

Plan - Premium

Country - India

Device

(iPhone 12, MacBook Pro 2019)

Operating System

(iOS - 14.2.1, Catalina - 10.15.7)

My devices menu on iPhone spotify app doesn't show my MAC and vice versa, the Spotify app on MAC won't show my iPhone. Both are on the same WiFi network. In fact both show my PS4 which is in fact not even on WiFi but on a direct ethernet line. Anyone knows what could be the issue?

3 Replies

Hey @arnavsengupta,

Thank you for your post.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the apps? This step will clean the cache and corrupted files from previous installations that can cause issues.

Also - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which versions of the apps you have.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there, 

I am still not able to find my macbook on the list of devices on iPhone to utilize spotify connect. I was able to use this all the time with my older computers. Now with my new work computer I am no longer able. 

Can I please get help troubleshooting this? 

Hey there @chrish_mirto,

Thanks for the post.

If you're using a work computer or work network, there might be certain restrictions imposed by your system administrator, which might not allow the computer to be discoverable on the network.

In this case it's best to turn to your system admin for more help with this. They'd need to make sure that Spotify traffic is allowed through any kind of Firewall or Anti-virus software in order to for the app function properly and for the device to be discoverable.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts