Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disappearing Playlists

Disappearing Playlists

I teach indoor cycling classes and this issue has affected multiple instructors at my company in at least two major cities over the last week: our playlists are disappearing! It seems to have something to do with quitting out of the app and, upon relaunching, finding all progress or edits to a playlist having disappeared. I've lost entire playlists in this fashion and it seems to be a serious bug in dire need of attention. I fought with my app for over an hour the other day before having to convince myself that I'm not crazy. Anyone else dealing with this? 

8 Replies

YES. This has been a nightmare. I took an update on Saturday or Sunday, and since Sunday 11/14/21 the edits I've made to playlists for my classes are only retained temporarily. My playlist on Sunday and tonight (Monday) both reverted back to older versions from random points in time, removing songs I'd added, adding back songs I'd removed, and reordering. It seems like it is pulling from cached versions of the playlist. It doesn't seem to matter if the playlist is created brand new, or if you edit a playlist that pre-existing this issues. I see this on my Mac, my iPhone, and on a Windows Desktop at the studio. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, checked for additional updates, logged out and back in, etc. 

Same problem for me! Did anyone found a solution.

Do we have to change Spotify version until it fix?

**bleep** yes, we have been having the exact same issues!! Many of the instructors at our company are experiencing the same issues and it is definitely been a nightmare!!! I was on a chat with a rep from Spotify and of course he wouldn't even acknowledge that there was an issue with the last update and was very dismissive and instead told me to reinstall the app.... which of course didn't work... how infuriating!

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

In this case we would start with performing a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I did the full reinstall for both my iPhone and my Mac! I'm hesitant to keep putting hours into making playlists though since this is such a widespread issue among different companies, cities, and states. Not sure why all of us would have issues with cached files at once but I guess a clean reinstall is the best we're going to get for now 😕

Hi @makefechhappen,

Thank you for your reply and performing those steps. 

Please let us know if you notice the issue persists, since these reports are mostly recent all insights we can get are extremely useful and will help us narrow down the cause of the issue as much as possible.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Also experiencing this issue! Came here for this issue.

I have created a playlist, the playlist exists but does not show up in my library. I have experienced this multiple times over the last month with multiple playlists.

Here's a playlist that I created that is NOT visible in my library (luckily copied the playlist URL): 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5U7CV4DhWUXhMLH2iCaNVj?si=478373939c44477e 

Hi @itswatson4

Thank you for sharing your post on this thread. 

We've checked that playlist and it certainly doesn't show on your profile. Can you make sure the playlist's privacy settings allow it to show on your profile? More info about this here.

If the settings are correct, can you try to create a playlist from a different device and see if the issue persists?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts