Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly does not update correctly

Discover Weekly does not update correctly

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I and the person I share a Premium Duo account have been noticing over the past few weeks that our Discover Weekly playlists both have been keeping the songs that we chose to hide. So now it's like half of our playlists are already songs that we have said we don't want. Any ideas?

Screenshot_20210311-094939_Spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @Nintos,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind that the way the Hide this songs feature works is that it's playlist and device specific. Since each iteration of Made for You content like Discover Weekly or Daily Mix counts as a separate playlist, it's possible that the song comes up again. It seems however that other users have expressed that they want this changed and posted this idea. You +VOTE it to show your support. We'll share any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any, so it's worthwhile that you also subscribe.

In the meantime we recommend that you keep expanding your music library by liking new songs and following different artists. That will give the algorithm a boost and you should see an improvement in your Discover Weekly suggestions after a while.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts