Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly is for someone else's account. Have I been hacked?

Discover Weekly is for someone else's account. Have I been hacked?

Plan Premium

Country UK

Device

(iPhone 7 & Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

My discover weekly shows someone elses account and very different music! Have I been hacked?

4 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out to the community!

There's a chance you may be viewing someone else's playlist rather than your own if they shared the link with you in the past. If you have it saved to your library, try removing it and see if you're able to access your own personalized playlist. If the name shown on the playlist doesn't match your own account this would likely be the issue, and I'm doubtful that your account was hacked. 

However, there is no harm in taking some other security measures to make sure your account is safe

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list.

As well as the steps above, you might want to consider changing the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account

It's also good to know that if your Spotify account is associated with your Facebook profile, you can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook. To double-check this, go to your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.

Check out this support page article as it features some extremely relevant info regarding how to keep your account safe as well 

eltoch_0-1579220078351.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue - Discover Weekly is made for different user. I tried all steps described in previous reply and nothing helped. I also tried to unfollow him but it did not help and I still see his Discover Weekly playlist. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Same problem, need to remove a Discover Weekly for "Ex-Girlfriend".

Spotify help!

Hey there @ld1_o8xbx-msf,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'd suggest you log in to your account and unfollow the playlist. If that doesn't do the trick, you can dislike the songs you don't want to play. 

Tip: You can also check these steps to make sure your account is secured, if you see changes on it.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts