Premium

Country

Russia

Device

iPhone XR, PC

Operating System

iOS 13, Win 10

My Question or Issue

Created an account on July 14. Discover weekly did not appear in a week. Wrote a post here, advised to wait two weeks from registration. The playlist did not appear. I read the forum, it turned out that I am not the only one, and it is recommended to wait and listen to more music.
Great, a month has passed.
Music plays all day (no, seriously, from morning to evening). The discover weekly playlist was not there at the beginning of this week (August 10) and for some reason I suspect that it will not appear on the next one either. According to reviews from other users in Russia, some discover weekly appeared almost immediately, some still do not.
At the same time on the same forum there are a variety of versions - from "the playlist is not yet included in Russia" to "listen to more music, it will appear."
I would like to get an accurate and definitive answer to the questions:
- Does Discover Weekly work in Russia at all? As this is one of the main reasons why I switched to spotify at all.
- If so, can you manually enable it via support?
I understand that if more listening is required for full activation (although much more, a month (!) Every day (!!)), then it will not be so accurate - even if it suits me. But let it at least be displayed!
- If discover weekly is officially unavailable for Russia, why is it not said about it anywhere and why do the forum say "more auditions are needed"?

Anticipating questions: yes, I've tried re-setup the app on both the phone and the computer. Yes, I've tried logging out and logging in again in the browser. Yes, I even tried reinstalling the system on the computer (for third-party reasons, but the fact itself).

UPD: No, link https://www.spotify.com/ru-ru/discoverweekly dowsn't work, see a screenshot and url - there is no DW for me.

Аннотация 2020-08-16 100548.png
3 Replies

Hey there @Nio_Norse,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

The Discover Weekly playlist is currently not available in some countries. Rest assured that we constantly work on improving our service and app features.

It's a good idea to keep your app up-to-date. If you can’t see the playlist right now, it may appear with future updates.

You can also check these steps and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I created an account on July 14 in the evening.

I listen to music every day. On the phone and on the computer, constantly.

My Discovery Weekly playlist only appeared on August 15. Then updated on August 17.

Something like this

Hey there!

Happy to hear you received your Discover Weekly last month @ch_wh.

We can confirm it can take up to a month of active listening in order for your music profile to be generated and for our system to be able to create your recommendations.

According to our latest info, more and more users in the Russian market are receiving it as time goes on.

So if anyone still hasn't gotten theirs, we kindly ask for some more patience and to continue listening to your tunes. You should get a Discover Weekly eventually.

Cheers!

Suggested posts