Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover section no longer has artists/albums recommendations

Discover section no longer has artists/albums recommendations

Hi there!

I'm on the Spotify premium plan listening on a macOS and noticed that the "Discover" section no longer has any album recommendations by similar artists I have heard. A week ago, this information was after the list of new releases.

The only content there now is:

- Playlists made just for you

- Top recommendations for you

- New Releases for you

- Your morning soundtrack (it changes throughout the day)

Is this an expected behaviour?

Thank you!

14 Replies

Hey there @ricalexm,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Take into account your recommendations are based on your listening habits and the more you listen to your favorite content, the better recommendations you'll get. You can also select the songs that you don't like and choose the "Hide this song" option. Likewise, you can like the songs/albums you do like by clicking on the heart icon. This will help the suggested playlists/albums to be updated so it can include more personalized results. We also suggest taking a look at this article for tips on how to improve your Made for You playlists.

On another note, keep in mind that the content shown in the Discover section can vary, and it doesn't have a set timeframe for when it gets updated. It depends on different factors like your recently played content, listening habits and content that other users with similar taste listens to.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni!

Thank you for your reply and fully understand how it works and its limitations, and when they are updated. I don't think my problem is not listening to enough music for recommendations, as I listen to an average of 60 tracks per day, and there are days that I listen to around 200.

In the past, there were a bunch of rows on that page that said the following: Because you listened to artist X, here are some recommended albums from other artists.

These rows are the ones that disappeared completely. Was this removed from the product?

Thank you!

Hey @ricalexm,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

So in this case, we can confirm this is an expected behavior. The content in the Home section of the app is updating constantly. So, it's possible to see different pages than the ones you were used to listening to before. This is done automatically by the algorithm and there's no particular way to influence it.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @ricalexm, 

I also have been experiencing the same issue. I was an avid user of all the discover features and I noticed they had also disappeared. Not sure why this happened but it is a bummer no doubt. 

Best 

Daniel

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 4a

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Under the Discover page, there used to be carousels for more like individual artists. I only see general recommendations rather than specific artists.

Hey @SpaceManta,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here. In order to give you best advice though, we would like to see a screenshot of what you experience when you go to Discovery page. 

Leaving details like your device's OS and Spotify version will be very helpful to our investigation as well. 

We'll be on the lookout for your response. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here. I'm using the Android app but the 'Because you listened to artist X' lists have gone from the Discover section there for me too. 

@AlejaR when you say this is expected behaviour it sounds like a Product change. I hope not as it would be a big step back 

@Elena this sounds like the same issue that is being reported here and here. From my own experience and the comments posted it does not appear to be due the algorithm changing recommendations based on listening habits; rather that in the Discover section there used to be rows of carousel recommendations based on the individual artists you listen to, that are no longer there (@SpaceManta can hopefully confirm from their perspective). 

From my perspective, I am also on a Pixel4a, running Android 13, with Spotify app version 8.7.60.422. I have attached a screenshot showing all the rows I see now in the Discover section.  

Screenshot_20220902-144505.png

Just to confirm that the 'Similar to' carousels in the Discover section have now re-appeared for me. I am now on Spotify app version 8.7.62.398

For me as well! I am on version 1.1.93.896 🙂

Thank you, Spotify team!

This problem has now returned for me. Both on Android, Spotify version 8.8.24.409 and on Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.2.10.760.g52970952.

Would love to have a return to the old behaviour since I used to discover a lot of new music this way. It is basically the only feature I use under Search.

Same here. Also on Android app version 8.8.28.409. Been like this for a couple of days. Screenshot attached (note the 'Top Recommendations' and 'New Releases' titles with no content beneath them.

Screenshot_20230504-142054.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know.

@mungas, can you please confirm that both sections are empty or just Top recommendations for you?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For me, the only sections that appear are: "Playlists made just for you" and "New releases for you". Every other recommendation on that page disappeared, as the others reported on this thread.

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon) - 1.2.10.760.g52970952

Thank you!

Suggested posts