Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly has not appeared after 15 july

Solved!

Discover weekly has not appeared after 15 july

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Discover weekly has not appeared after start spotify in Russia.

I change country in acc from  America on Russia , i seek playlist on phone and web - no happens.

Where is my Discovery Weekly?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Aivill

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

When launching Spotify in new countries we keep the Discover Weekly playlist disabled for let's say the first 3 weeks or so, given that users typically won't have enough listening data for us to generate the contents of this playlist.

We can't confirm a specific point in time when the playlist will become available in Russia. However, keep an eye out as it might appear in your Made For You in the near future. 

Let us know if you have any question. Enjoy your day!  

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I've faced the same issue. The discover weekly playlist wasn't updated today.

Same 😞

Same here, tried logging out and back in; nothing. 

Hi,

I seem to be having issues with my Discover Weekly playlist when I changed my country and when I upgraded to a Premium account as it stopped updating for two weeks now.
I have tried the tips you've written on the board but it did not change a thing.

Let me know what else can be done.

Thank you!

Marked as solution

Hey there @Aivill

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

When launching Spotify in new countries we keep the Discover Weekly playlist disabled for let's say the first 3 weeks or so, given that users typically won't have enough listening data for us to generate the contents of this playlist.

We can't confirm a specific point in time when the playlist will become available in Russia. However, keep an eye out as it might appear in your Made For You in the near future. 

Let us know if you have any question. Enjoy your day!  

Exactly same scenario! Changed country, bought Premium Duo, my Discover Weekly gone missing from Made for you, and since i have it in Playlist, it's not updated for 2 weeks now. Discover Weekly (and Release Radar) is a main reason why i go Premium. re-log didn't work. Maybe it's disabled for Croatia??! 

Thank you

And another one here with the same complain: as soon I changed the country and subscribed for premium, Discover weekly updates stopped. Fourth week now. Last update I got is from 20th July. Release radar is updating, daily mixes as well. Only Discover weekly frozen.

Exactly the same issue @b0stan and @fogseller 
This is probably a problem with the new countries that entered Spotify's coverage this summer. My last Discover Weekly update was also in July.

I hope that someone will give us some feedback soon. @Jemi 

Playlist hasn't updated in weeks, please fix it. I really like that playlist, good way to find new music

I have same problem. Last update 07-19. Please fix it this is best feature and I cant use it for 1 month already.

Come on team. I need this feature. 6 weeks I am missing this playlist and you said we need to wait 3-4 weeks.

Hey @dermonis,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

We can confirm that you should now be seeing your Discover Weekly playlist!

Do let us know if you're still having trouble seeing it and we'll take another look.

Cheers!

Suggested posts