Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone SE, Pixel 3a)

Operating System

(iOS 15.5 / Android 12)

My Question or Issue

Playlist "Discover Weekly" ("Mein Mix der Woche") not available anymore.
Doesn't matter which way I try to access it (via "Made for you" and "My library"), an error message is shown ("This playlist has been deleted"). Of course, I haven't.

Already tried deinstall/reinstall of the app etc., but that doesn't help. Restoring via account settings also doesn't work, as it says that there'd be no deleted playlists.

What can I do to get that mix back?

Thanks in advance for your help, have a great weekend.

8 Replies

Hey @sv3nsen,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Users have reported similar experiences in this thread. Could you check it out and let us know how the steps proposed there went for you?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @Dian,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, that's not the same problem.

In my case, the Discover Weekly playlist did not disappear, but is in fact listed everywhere (in "Made for you", in my library, when I search for it, ...), but when I click the playlist, just an empty page opens and states that the playlist has been deleted (and that I can remove it from my playlists by pressing a button).

Any ideas on this?

Cheers,

sv3nsen

spotify2.png
spotify1.png

Hey @sv3nsen,

Thanks for the clarifications and the screenshots.

Are you able to replicate this on a different device or the web player?

Could you delete the playlist and wait for the next iteration to be generated and see if it shows up? It's the start of the week today, so it may have already be generated, but if not, delete the one you're showing me and wait for the next one.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hey @Dian,

thanks again for your help. I've tried deleting and searching for the playlist as suggested (today's tuesday, so the new playlist should've been generated yesterday), but now it's gone completely.
I can find other "Discover weekly" playlists by other users, though not mine.

This is a cross device/platform thing. Checked it on both iPhone SE and Pixel 3a phones, as well as web interface. Don't have a windows app installation at hand to test, but I guess it won't be different there as well, then.

Even tried de-/reinstalling again, but that still doesn't help. Also a restore of the playlist seems to not be possible, as it's not available in "account"/"restore playlists" ("No deleted playlists available").

I guess it might be time for me to contact official support directly?

Cheers,

Sven

Hey @sv3nsen,

Thanks for the reply and the extensive troubleshooting you've already tried.

This looks like an account issue indeed. You can contact our accounts team and let them help you create a new account to transfer the contents from the old one, but also keep in mind, that with a new account the listening history will get reset and a new Discover weekly will take at least 2 weeks to be created.

You can find out how to reach the support team on this page.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

@Dian wrote:

This looks like an account issue indeed. You can contact our accounts team and let them help you create a new account to transfer the contents from the old one, but also keep in mind, that with a new account the listening history will get reset and a new Discover weekly will take at least 2 weeks to be created.

I really hope the solution to the various new problems with "Discover Weekly" is not to make new accounts. I've been a Premium subscriber with Spotify for 10 years and there have been so many trivial problems where the solution has been "make a new account". I get the sense Spotify Engineering has little competence. Fixing accounts in place is basic support functionality and should work by now.

I have the same issues as you. I reached out to support and they didn't seem to have a handle on the issue, asked me to listen to more songs 😞 When I said I had been an account holder for 15 years they said it definitely would work as it is a system generated playlist. Which again, isn't much use as for me it doesn't work (it's worked every week before this).

Personally I am going to wait until Monday to see if it regenerates, and if not I suppose I'll unsubscribe. Discover Weekly is the main draw for Spotify for me.

I've been experiencing the same thing this week. Nothing seems to work. Oddly enough, the last time it did work, a number of the tracks on my playlist were the some of the same tracks as the previous week's playlist.

Suggested posts