Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does shuffle take duplicated songs into account?

Solved!

Does shuffle take duplicated songs into account?

I´m not really sure how the shuffling function works so this might be a bit of a stupid question. I made some quick playlists to test on and it'd seem duplicated songs get played more than non-duplicates.

E.g. I have a big playlist but I want to listen to some songs more than others, if I add some songs in 5x does those songs then have 5x the chance of being shuffled compared to a song that only has one unit in the playlist? Or does it not make a difference?

In case anyone knows forsure 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @wsn ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community! We’re happy to help with your queries. 

Yes, duplicate songs are also played, so the song may end up playing more often (depending on the amount of duplicates). 
Having a large playlist may help this problem as the song should not come up as often as in a smaller playlist. 

Hope this answers your question! Let me know if you have any more questions. 😄

Kind Regards,
BK

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @wsn ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community! We’re happy to help with your queries. 

Yes, duplicate songs are also played, so the song may end up playing more often (depending on the amount of duplicates). 
Having a large playlist may help this problem as the song should not come up as often as in a smaller playlist. 

Hope this answers your question! Let me know if you have any more questions. 😄

Kind Regards,
BK

Suggested posts