Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does spotify work in the Bahamas ?

Solved!

Does spotify work in the Bahamas ?

Will be spending a couple months on Grand Bahama Island next winter and was wondering if Spotify will work for me there?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there Cut-Throat Hi

If you have unlimited or premium, yes. As long as you have subs. Free only 2 weeks.

Music Happy Spotifying! Music

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Cut-Throat - Just jumping in here to offer some clarification. 

If you currently have a Premium subscription set up using a payment method in the USA, as long as your subscription is continued to be paid for from that card whilst you are away, you don't need to do anything else. A Spotify Premium subscription gives you access to your account anywhere in the world. 

EDIT: Simple is Yes. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there Cut-Throat Hi

If you have unlimited or premium, yes. As long as you have subs. Free only 2 weeks.

Music Happy Spotifying! Music

I have a Premium Account, but I don't understand what  'As long as you have subs'  is.

and what is 'free only 2 weeks' ?

Hey. Thaks for question.

If you use Free service, it works abroad only for 2 weeks in country where Spotify isn't available.

You said you have Premium, it's paid subscription and works in this country described before as long as you have Premium purchased, You can see how long you can use Premium here https://www.spotify.com/us/account/profile/

Just purchase many Premium e-cards for example for 6 months, then you can use Spotify abroad 6 months. Renewing Spotify in Bahama might be not possible.

Still not sure I understand your answer. Let me try again.

I have a premium account that I intend to keep up for the foreseable future. I went to the link that you supplied and it took me to my profile that listed the USA as my country.

I am going to vist the Bahamas (Specificaly Grand Bahama Island) for 2 months in 2015.

Will it work if I don't do anything, or do I have to purchase   'many premium 'e-cards'?

It will work for you as long as you pay for it 🙂

Does paying for the Premium Account qualify for 'paying for it' ?

or do I have to pay for some e-card that you mentioned?

I really thought I asked a simple question here.

Yes. If you have subscription for example: Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-05-07 and charged 9,99 € every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time. It will work abroad to 2014-05-07. You can check own in account. If you purchase e-cards, which is optional, you can extend date before new payment.

Hope this helps.

OK, Here is what I plan I doing.

1. ) I have a premium account that charges me about $10 a month. I am not going to cancel it. It bills my Credit card every month.

2.) I am taking a vacation in the Bahamas for 2 months.

3. ) WIll it work there?

I am hoping for a simple YES or NO.

Marked as solution

@Cut-Throat - Just jumping in here to offer some clarification. 

If you currently have a Premium subscription set up using a payment method in the USA, as long as your subscription is continued to be paid for from that card whilst you are away, you don't need to do anything else. A Spotify Premium subscription gives you access to your account anywhere in the world. 

EDIT: Simple is Yes. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you very much Peter. You answered my question!

Yes it will work like I said before Smile

Unless it has changed from a year and a half ago. It doesn't work long term in another country. I was in SE Asia for 3 months and they cut it off after 30 days. They patched it by giving us a "free month". Then it started working again but I had to contact them to get this done. 

Suggested posts