Premium

Country

Russia

Device

iPhone 11, MacBook, PC, LG TV

Operating System

iOS, MacOS, Windows, WebOS

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone, I am heavy listener of Spotify for one month, I moved there from Apple Music as soon as Spotify launched in Russia.

Release Radar playlist  generates every week for me, I see daily mixes as well. But I still don't have Discover Weekly playlist. If I go by the following link https://www.spotify.com/ru-en/discoverweekly/ I see message:

"Nearly There.

As you're new to Spotify, we'll get to know your tastes a little more before making your first playlist. Keep listening – it's worth the wait."

Just in case if it could be a reason. I have account from 2011 year, but in Russia Spotify started to operate only one month ago. 

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @user539347

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

When Spotify gets launched in new countries the Discover Weekly playlist isn't immediately available to all users.

This happens due to the fact that our system needs some time to collect info based on your listening habits in order to create the first Discover Weekly playlist that will fit your personal taste in music.

As the message you got says, Spotify will need some more time to craft this playlist for you so just give it another week or two and keep listening to your favorite tracks. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @user539347

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

When Spotify gets launched in new countries the Discover Weekly playlist isn't immediately available to all users.

This happens due to the fact that our system needs some time to collect info based on your listening habits in order to create the first Discover Weekly playlist that will fit your personal taste in music.

As the message you got says, Spotify will need some more time to craft this playlist for you so just give it another week or two and keep listening to your favorite tracks. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

Suggested posts