Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded Daily Mix has changed

Solved!

Downloaded Daily Mix has changed

Good Morning. Yesterday, I downloaded a song list for Daily Mix. This morning when I went to play it, it appears to me that another Daily Mix list is starting to download but with other artists and songs (which I also listen to). Where is my list downloaded from yesterday? Thank you very much in advance. Greetings.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @josele87ct

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The Daily Mix playlists update everyday. That means you won't be able to play songs from previous day, even if you downloaded the playlist. It will just result in downloading the songs that are currently in it. 

If you want to save your Mix, I'd recommend adding those songs to a new playlist and you will be able to listen to them anytime. 

The easiest way to do it is to use desktop app:

• Go to your Daily Mix, 
  • To select all songs use keyboard CMD+A (Mac) or CTRL+A (Windows).
  • Drag them to a new playlist.

I hope it helps! 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @josele87ct

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The Daily Mix playlists update everyday. That means you won't be able to play songs from previous day, even if you downloaded the playlist. It will just result in downloading the songs that are currently in it. 

If you want to save your Mix, I'd recommend adding those songs to a new playlist and you will be able to listen to them anytime. 

The easiest way to do it is to use desktop app:

• Go to your Daily Mix, 
  • To select all songs use keyboard CMD+A (Mac) or CTRL+A (Windows).
  • Drag them to a new playlist.

I hope it helps! 

Thank you very much for your help!!

I thought it was saved, because on previous occasions I have had the possibility to save the Daily Mix of that specific day ...

daily_mix_3.png

Hi @josele87ct

Thanks for the screenshot!

As you can see, under the playlist name it says that you're the author of that playlist. 

If you create a playlist yourself, it won't change everyday, unless you do that. 

On regular Daily Mixes it says Spotify under it. 

Those playlists will change everyday, even if you use the Download feature on them. 

So if you want to listen to your Mixes later, I'd recommend moving the songs to a different playlist before they change. 

I hope that shed some light 🙂

Is there any way to find the songs downloaded?

I downloaded a daily mix then went online after it changed and now I can't find those downloaded songs anywhere.

Hey there @stefand2207

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Keep in mind that the Daily Mix playlists update everyday and this makes it impossible to play songs from previous day, even if you download the playlist for offline listening.  

However, make sure to check the steps provided above by @Emilia_8 on how you can save the preferred songs in a separate playlist. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

Hi yes I understand that the playlist is gone but I downloaded it, so what happened bro all those separate offline songs?

Hi @stefand2207

It's only possible to download songs through a playlists, it's not possible to download separate songs, unless you make a playlist just for that one song. 

If you add a song to your downloaded playlist, that song will be available for offline listening. If you delete a song form it, it won't be available for offline listening, as it's no longer in that downloaded playlist. 

In your case, you've downloaded one of your Daily Mixes. Once the playlist change and the songs are no longer in that playlist, they're no longer downloaded. Now the updated songs are available for offline listening instead. 

Hope that clears it up!

@Emilia_8 so does the downloaded songs get deleted from the device too after the new songs are downloaded?

Hello @KD_Lazer and sorry for the late reply!

That's correct, if the song is no longer in that downloaded playlist, it's no longer downloaded to your device and therfore is no longer available for offline listening. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Surely there is some sort of "Songs Played" history we can refer to....

.....any ideas?

I’m my view, the user should be notified before ANYTHING downloaded by user is deleted by Spotify.  Very simple.

You are so right, I’m frustratingly figuring out the same thing now. Always feels like Spotify using us as Guinea pigs to figure out their latest UX experiment with little to no forward notice. Pretty annoying 

Suggested posts