Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device:

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 15.5

Recently I went for a few days without using Spotify because I was on vacation, but upon trying to use it again none of my downloaded songs would play. I have over 3,000 songs downloaded measuring to 27 GB worth of music. I’ve tried everything from checking for updates (for both my phone as well as Spotify) but nothing seems to work. My songs are downloaded and are still taking up storage. I believe this problem occurred because I ran out of storage on my phone, but now i have about 8 GBs free. I would really rather not have to redownload over 27 GBs worth of music. So if anyone could help I would appreciate it.

1 Reply

Hey @brladey,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The reason for this issue could be one of two. Either your device hasn't been online for more than 30 days (with your account logged in and Spotify turned on) or some battery/memory optimization took place, when the available memory on your device was scarce.

But whatever the case, once the cache (the place, where the downloaded songs reside) gets out of sync, there is no way to manually recover it. The only option is to redownload the content. It'll be best to also perform a clean reinstall of the app before that as described here

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts